• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 1996 Volvo 850 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1996 Volvo 850 Wagon

Hi guys:

I am new to the forum and I have a couple of questions. I just bought an 11 year old Volvo and I need some help.

The trim on the sides and on the bumper is quite Grey. What can I do to make it black again. (I have tried the typical products only to end up with a nice shiny Grey trim!)

There is a strip along the roof line that seems to have a "Tape like" covering that is peeling off... again what do I do?

There is a chip in the door that needs to be taken care of. Where can I find a good write up about the procedure to fix the paint chip?

Thanks for any and all help,

Matt

Re: New 1996 Volvo 850 Wagon

1. Well, if the trim was gray to begin with, or is really far gone, it might not go back to black. But here are two of my favorite trim products:

Gold Class Trim Detailer

All Season Dressing

2. Not sure what you mean? any pic at all?

3. I dont know if there is a really good one anywhere... And there is not really a great way of doing it yourself either, but you can at least make it reasonable.

Basicaly, get your touch up paint primer/color/clear as needed. Then, go to a crafts store, and get a couple of the smallest tipped, quality brushes there are. Then, gently dab in a little of the apporpraite paint. Let it dty. It will shrink as it dries. Then apply another coat. Let it dry. Basicaly repeat as needed foreach coat of paint, until you have a decent look. Wont be great, but it wont be a big blob either.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hmm..double post.
      Last edited by Murr1525; Feb 14, 2007, 03:05 PM. Reason: Hmm..double post.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i have a few clients with volvo wagons,great cars!
        on all the trim use any of the exterior dressing meguiars has and you will be fine. the trim on the 850 is a dark grey to start with but all of the volvo trim fades including the xc70. i think the trim on tp had a prtectve coating on it. i have had good succes with cleaner wax on this. try dr.colorchip.com
        good luck
        Mike
        The Shine Shop
        410-833-1632
        Reisterstown MD

Comment

Yeah the car is great. These things seem to run forever.

The trim on the back bumper is the worst, it has a lot of "Mottling" and the color is very inconsistent. If it was originally Grey then using a trim dye may not be the best...

What do you do when they are very uneven in color?

Regarding the paint chip: I will get pics up soon. There are chips on the door and a bunch on the bumpers. I think the bumpers will be repainted soon?? but the door will need some attention. By the way the chip is to bare metal and there is no rust after about 3years!! Nice to be in So'Cal!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');