• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on colored waxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on colored waxes?

I'm polishing with Swirl Remover 2.0 #9 and sealing with Synthetic Sealant #21 a black car. I've done everything but the front bumper with has thousands of pin sized road chips. Any thoughts of using TurtleWax Color Magic on just that area? I've used it on light scratches with good results but not a whole panel. Should I use #9 first, then the Turtle and finally #21? Or should I just use the Turtle buy itself?

Re: Any thoughts on colored waxes?

I have never used a color wax but doing some reading on this product, sounds like its only going to fill the swirls and scratches and the results may not last long.

Turtle Wax Color Magic is an advanced blend of polish, dyes and pigments fill in light scratches and swirl marks.

Are you trying to remove/hide the rock chips? If so the only and best solution to fix the problem area would be a repaint. But if you have the TW already its not going to hurt to give it a try.

Here is a good post: Colored Waxes - Do they really work?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

In my experience (from a few years ago), the colored wax will wash off the next time your wash your car. This occured when using the either the colored wax or colored "lipstick" that came with the wax.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8-wrx View Post
        In my experience (from a few years ago), the colored wax will wash off the next time your wash your car. This occured when using the either the colored wax or colored "lipstick" that came with the wax.
        x2. + it only covers up. Do yourself a favor: do proper repair and forget about them.

Comment

I tried it on a small section and it did a good job of hiding the chips. The part isn't bad enough to repaint, I just wanted to make it look a little better then wax alone.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');