• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time with PC, test section on '92 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time with PC, test section on '92 Accord

Here are a few picks of a section of my Dad's 1992 Honda Accord. This was my first time with a PC DA polisher and I just wanted to see what I could do. This area was extremely oxidized and needed help real bad. When the weather gets warmer I am going to do the whole car, but for now all I got done was the section around the passenger side windows. I started with #80 on a 8006 pad to see what that would do. It helped a little, but I decided to move to #83 and worked that in on an 8006 pad, doing 2 applications. After that I went with one more pass of the #80 and here is what I got.

Before:

After:

There is a major difference. In the spring I will do the whole car as a way to practice and work on my technique. The paint on this car is so bad that I can only make it better, so I will use it as practice. Then, I will do my car, a 2001 Acura Integra. The paint on my Teg is pretty good, but there are some light scratches from using the self car wash in the winter time. Please give me any advice that might help me improve on what I have done so far and thanks for checking this thread out.
    Last edited by maxintegra; Feb 28, 2007, 07:51 AM.

Re: 1st time with PC, test section on '92 Accord

awsome.... very good job

Comment

Looks Great! The purchase of a PC was well worth it huh!?

Looks like you are getting results with the process you have set up. Really the only thing I can think of is ColorX first to remove the oxidation. Mybe someone else will chime in with their thoughts.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Looks 100% better right there, more pics from the whole car???

Practice makes the difference!!!!
        Women wear shinny, men drive it...
        Click on link to see signature picture:
        http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

I will definitely take a whole lot of pictures when I do to the whole car. Meguiars-Online has given me a whole wealth of knowledge and having articles with pictures really helps. I definitely want to give back to the community. Will applying the Color-X first really help a good deal? My car is silver and since I am only now beginning to get into serious detailing, I haven't yet purchased any products that would be mostly dark color specific. Any suggestions on products would be welcome... Color-X will be on my list now!!!

Comment

amazing before & afters ! yet, some people say that you can't do major paint correction with a g100/pc...

Comment

What
              a
              difference!

I'm sure that car is going to look stunning once you get done with it. Keep us posted!
              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

THe befores and afters are quite dramatic. And to think this was your first time. Way to go , you know what they say,"practice makes perfect" think how great the car will look then.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good job!

You're on your way to becoming like the rest of us...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What do you mean by that,Mike
                    Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments and encouragement. Thanks Mike, I definately have the passion, I'm just working on the know-how and experience now. I am about to graduate from College, so once I'm done I will have some more time to dedicate to become more "Car Crazy" as Barry would say.

Comment

I think what he meant Arne is that we are in a league of our own and that we are an elite force.. Also to some people miracle workers..

Comment

It was an ironic joke from my side
                          Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');