• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Swirl Remover 2.0 (#9) residue so hard to remove.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Swirl Remover 2.0 (#9) residue so hard to remove.

I just got a PC and was applying #9 with a yellow pad. Used about a speed 4 for say 60 seconds on half a hood or door. The residue is very hard to get off and I'm using a microfiber cloth. I don't have this much problem if I apply it by hand. And I don't have this problem with Dual Action Cleaner/Polish (#83) and the red pad. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Why is Swirl Remover 2.0 (#9) residue so hard to remove.

Sometimes this product just gets gummy and hard to remove, happens to everyone, that's why some people don't like it. Always work with a clean pad on a clean surface, this will help. You could also try M82 or M80
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Why is Swirl Remover 2.0 (#9) residue so hard to remove.

It's probably the first time I have ever said this, but maybe you are not using enough product. M09 is quite oily, so it shouldn't be hard to remove. I would say that your work area is to large and your work time is too short. Try using a bead of product on the outer edge or the pad, or make an X. Speed 4 is okay, but I think most people would use it at speed 5, although I have used it at speed 4 on a finishing pad.
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');