• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 or something more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 or something more

i have lite swirls and lite oxidation on a red toyota. have some #9 2.0 swirl remover laying around. was wondering if that topped with NXT tech wax(paste) would be a good combo. would the defectscome out? or do i need something more aggressive the #9?

Re: #9 or something more

Since you already have those products, go ahead and try that combo...they are great products

#9 is a very mild cleaner/polish, so a few applications may be necessary, depending on how deep the swirls are.

As far as NXT Generation Tech Wax as a top coat, great choice !

If the results are not as you wish there are a few options

Let us know how she turns out...

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by keep_it_clean View Post
      i have lite swirls and lite oxidation on a red toyota. have some #9 2.0 swirl remover laying around. was wondering if that topped with NXT tech wax(paste) would be a good combo. would the defects come out? or do i need something more aggressive the #9?

How are you applying this? By hand or machine? If machine, what kind of machine what kind of pad?

When you say "lite oxidation" are you working on a single stage paint or a basecoat/clearcoat paint?

Many people confuse clear coat failure with oxidation when they're working on a clear coat paint.

What are you working on? As in, what year was your Toyota built? Most newer cars have a bc/cc finish, some older Toyota's, back to the early 1980's probably have a single stage finish.

Like Mike Pennington said, M09 is a very light cleaner/polish it may take a few applications to get the results you're hoping for, what will determine this is how hard your paint is, how deep the swirls are and your application method, material and technique.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

it is a 1994 toyota. as far as i know it is single stage paint. all the red corollas i see the paint looks the same. dull and hazy. i will be applying with the pc7336. as for pads. well i was gonna start with a medium aggressive pad. not to strong but strong enough.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');