• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26 years old leather, kinda hard, what product is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 years old leather, kinda hard, what product is best?

I have a 1981 datsun 280zx with tan original leather seat. The leather is kinda hard but it is in ok condition except the driver side. I dont think it was taken care from the previous owner.

I would like to get some product to make it softer. I read on some post, i heard different opinion on the 2 bottles step cleaner/conditioner.

Should I get that, or those 2 in 1 product. Any other product that can do the trick.

btw, the car interior smell very strange, kinda smell the old leather. I dont know if those product will give a better smell to the leather.

Re: 26 years old leather, kinda hard, what product is best?

Though it takes a bit longer to use the two step system, the results are much better. The two step system will help a lot, but there is a certain point where a leather system can not fix the stiffness. Some leathers are just too far gone.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Re: 26 years old leather, kinda hard, what product is best?

even though it does not say meguiars on the label, i would use lexol neats foot formula and follow with regular lexol. i have done some older mbz and it worked great.
      Mike
      The Shine Shop
      410-833-1632
      Reisterstown MD

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');