• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I used PlastX for the first time, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used PlastX for the first time, and...

I absolutely love it!
    Before...

After...

I only did 2 coats and I love the results. I was thinking in a few weeks of doing it again..Think I'll get even better results? *oh yea, nevermind the date on the pics, my camera was way off. lol

Re: I used PlastX for the first time, and...

By hand?
    Schotography

Comment

yep. with a microfiber applicator pad and used a microfiber cloth to take it off.

Comment

Try wetsanding them a little bit. They still look a little foggy. Maybe its just the angle at which your taking the picture though...
        2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
        2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
        1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

yea they are still a little foggy much better from what they were tho. I was told to sand them. Im a little nervous tho. I guess I just dont want to mess them up.

Comment

I would not wetsand my own headlights, but you can use Fine Cut Cleaner on them. It works pretty well at removing some of the tougher stuff. Be sure to follow it up with PlastX, though
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

u said u used micro fiber applicator pad, how r they?
              - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

i used the micro fiber applicator pad and a micro fiber towel to take it off..im really impressed with those rags. the applicator pad is great too. they're soft. once you wash them a few times i find they start to get a lil rough but still decent

Comment

I just bought some plastX from ads in my last order and can't wait to try it out. i've got some pretty foggy headlights and they've always bugged me.

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997
                  but you can use Fine Cut Cleaner on them. It works pretty well at removing some of the tougher stuff. Be sure to follow it up with PlastX, though
                  So if the plastX doesn't remove all of the foggyness then a coat of Fine Cut Cleaner followed by PlastX should do the trick?? If so that's good info to know, thanks.

I've been thinking about possibly adding this to my business if I like the results and this would help for those really foggy headlights.
                  Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

For headlights I use 83 w/cutting pad. 9 w/polishing pad. NXT wax. I don't know if that's how its supposed to be done. But it usually gets the job done quick, easy, and with great results. Of course by hand, it is a little harder.
                    Schotography

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');