• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need new car help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need new car help.

1. Yup, Supreme Shines are good for removing excess product from cleaners/polishes/waxes, wiping around the spray detailers, etc.

2. The Hi-Tec are best for cleaners/polishes/waxes. The Even Coat is for spray waxes, and can probably be used ok with regular waxes and even spray detailers if you wanted.

3. You are better with an actual leather product for leather, and the plastic/rubber/vinyl dressings for plastics, rubber, and vinyl.

4. There are quite a few choices for leather products...

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

Gold Class Rich Leather Spray

Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes

Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

For new leather, something like the Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner Liquid would be fine, with the Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner Spray for touch-ups every month or so.

The two-step products would give a deeper cleaner/conditioning, but you probably dont need that yet. Are your seats perforated at all?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSoldier View Post

3) Truffle you recommended the Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant, can these me used on leather? Like the leather area where you let your window down (sorry don't know the technical term )
      yes listen to what Murr said. Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner. GREAT STUFF!!!

i actually use thses two on my leahter seats. they work awesome. gives it that nice shine and cleans it up nicely as well. its a two step process. i use a yellow applicator pad to apply and microfibre to rub excess product off...

Comment

Wow, thanks for the pictures and product list thanks! I'll go ahead and get it. But I don't believe my seats are perforated at all, brand new seats too. Thanks again, I'll have to print all of this out. Thanks again and God Bless.

Comment

I asked about perforations because some of the creamier products can gum up in the holes if you apply too thickly. With just regular seats, it wont matter at all.

Comment

with those two products, YOU DO NOT NEED A LOT.

if you use an applicator pad, a little goes a long way.

i use this stuff and barely used 1/4 of the bottle and i've cleaned my seats to give them that shine and make them look new like once a week although they weren't dirty.

i'm just a little anal.

Comment

Hey thanks. I found out my seats aren't perforated at out.

Some more questions if you don't mind

1)So the detail you guys just gave me, is that a full detail? Like the detail you usually pay someone 60 dollars to do at local car washes?

2) Also, do you guys ever wash hand mitts in the washer machine? If so what settings do you use. I know truffle you mentioned cold/warm water, but I believe I'm going to try the delicate fabric machine wash setting. Thanks a lot for all of your help. God Bless.

3) When I use the car wash soap, it tells me to mix it with 1 gallon of water. Does it really matter how much water I use in my car wash bucket to wash to car and mix it with the soap?
              Last edited by HeavenSoldier; Mar 8, 2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Well, we gave you a couple detail lists, but both would be worth $100 plus from a good detailer. The full wash, clay, clean, polish, 2 coats of wax and a bit of interior could be closer to $200+ depending on who does it.

I wash my pads cool and gently.

Well, 1 ounce per gallon is recommended. Some people like to use more, some less. But in general, that amount is recommended to get enough lubrication to gently remove the dirt. So if your car was really dirty, then you would want to be sure to use the recommended amount at least.

Comment

$100-200? What a waste of money when you could do it yourself.

Hey Murr I'm having another problem. I just washed my car and I'm washing it under a tree. When I finished washing and drying, pollen and dust just flys back on it from the breeze of the wind. What should I do in this situation to keep from scratching the car? Should I remove it with the wet magnet towel? Just wondering what should I do so I can safely put on the NXT speed detailer and other polishes. Thanks.

Comment

Well, the Nxt Detailer is meant to remove light dust, so that would be what to use, then carry on with your claying, cleaning, polishing, waxing, etc.

Comment

have you considered a tent or canopy sort of thing to put over your car when washing it?

might be to pricey but just a suggestion.

Comment

Yeah, I think a tent is a little to fancy for now But I'm sorry for the many questions. But my nissan, from the pictures I showed you on my initial post has alloy wheels.

So.. 1) Whats a good product to keep the alloy wheels shining, if thats possible? 2) Is it a waste of money to buy something for the tires? If not what should I get? Thanks and God Bless.

Comment

1. Clearcoated alloy, or bare metal?

2. I like to clean my tires with All-Purpose Cleaner and a toothbrush, then dress with Nxt Insane Shine ( trigger spray). There are some less glossy tire shines people can recomend you.

But if you like shiny tires or not is up to you.... I'd at least clean them though.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure if the allow is bare metal or clearcoated, here is a image of the car http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/N.../Index2007.htm . I'll need to check the manual.

Yeah I like nice tires. But hey thanks for all the information. I still haven't done the detail yet, but I have all the information I need to start. I'm surprised that my local store has alot of the products mentioned. But thanks a lot!

Comment

to be safe, just wafe with soap and water. you can get great results. if you check out my gallery you'll see a shot of my rims with only soap and water. before and after shots included.

Comment

Okay cool thanks a lot. Tried the NXT detailer yesterday looks nice, I think I may buy one of those pads to apply it better and faster. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');