• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to remove dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove dust

I got my 67 firebird back from the paint shop a while ago after getting lots of work done and painted and color sanded. I was wondering what the best way to remove all the loose dust that it collects on the paint just sitting. I dont want to scratch the finish. I have seen the cal. car dusters, but I question if they work. Any help would be great.

Re: how to remove dust

I got a California Car Duster and it works well to remove dust from everyday driving; But if the car is really dusty I would recommend properly washing the vehicle(This would be the safest way to avoid scratches and to rid the finish of loose dirt)

Comment

I have an OXO car duster, works very well. If you have a compressor, you could spray it with the air attachment to remove the majority, then light pass with duster to pick up remainder.

Comment

Use foam or Megs Last Touch.

Bryan

Comment

I also have Megs body duster, If its light dust it works just fine for me with no apparent scratches fine or otherwise. For another option you could use one of the qd to remove the light dust.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

after a while that loose dirt can become a problem and become embedded into the paints surface.

as mentioned a proper wash will be the first step.

hope the following links help you out.

The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

I'm thinking a nice clay would really clean up and loose dirt and make the paint feel really smooth as glass as it should.

read that link and hopefully it helps.

best of luck.

Comment

It depends on how much dust is on the paint. If there is alot of it I would wash it.

Comment

thanks for the help im going to get a duster and some quick detail or last touch

Comment

When my Mom was 81 years old, her Jetta had dust on it. I drive my Mach1, Subaru Legacy GT and even my F250 Powerstroke Diesel 4X4 much faster than she ever did.

Comment

I wash my car twice a week. But in between i use the duster with the last touch if and only if is the dust is light. It works great. Try it and if you are satisfied just keep doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by STG View Post
                      When my Mom was 81 years old, her Jetta had dust on it. I drive my Mach1, Subaru Legacy GT and even my F250 Powerstroke Diesel 4X4 much faster than she ever did.
                      haha ya but mines been a resto that i havent been able to drive for almost 3 years, I started working on it when I turned 16, and it wont get driven all the time, plus i cant drive it right now 1. because of the snow on the ground and 2nd because I need to finish putting it together. But summer will come soon. Here are some pics of it from the time i got it up until i got it home. http://community.webshots.com/user/mdkrusemark

Comment

using a leaf blower could also work if the dust isnt too heavy on the vehicle

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');