• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

apply wax by hand or machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apply wax by hand or machine!

i have allways applied wax by hand what is the advantage in using machine applacation?

Re: apply wax by hand or machine!

It's faster and easier to get a thin,uniform application. After it dries, slip a microfiber bonnet on a 7006 or 8006 pad and use thev PC to buff off the residue.

Comment

• its faster
      • its easier
      • it does everything for you
      • a lot cleaner
      • puts all the work into the machine and not into your hands
      • gives awesome results

PLEASE NOTE: All of this and more, given you have GOOD TECHNIQUE!!!

buy the DVD and you'll be set.

Comment

There may be some advantages by choosing machine application over doing it by hand. But here's why I don't:
        After the machine has done all the work while applying the cleaner/polish
        I just love to do that final step by hand. Isn't it cool to apply 1 or 2 thin layers of your favorite paste and then buff it to brilliant high gloss with a microfiber towel?
        I don't do detailing for a living so time doesn't matter that much when I give my car the workover every two or three weeks.
        If it would matter, then I'd probably think about waxing by machine. But as long as it doesn't, I really enjoy doing it by hand.

Comment

yes veedub, nothing like that feeling you know. sweating and knowing you part some hard earned work into that nice shiny car.

but with the machine you still sweat, its just easier and you know, its always even. with hand you never know. i feel the machine applies a nice even coat (with good technique that is).

once you go machine, its hard to go back.

Comment

Thank for your input everyone i will give it a try! I feel the same way about the last step of detailing a vehicle nice and easy no rush besides i feel it doesnt take that long but i will try the machine!!!!

Comment

I do it by hand. Only because I enjoy it though. I feel like I get more accomplished and that I don't miss anything. It is nice giving that car the final rubdown up close and personal and then buffing it off revealing that glossy shine.

I think I'm going o leave work and go wax my car...
              Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

I applied wax by hand for over 30 yrs. Last month I bought a G100, Used it to apply and remove #21. All I kept on saying was, were has this machine been all my life. The ease of applying/removal. i swear that the car looked better using the same products but machine applying. Its probably just my eyes decieving me. lol
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree with all the statements previously posted, but would like to add that I think you use less product, because the machine applies a thin layer, which in turn makes it uses to wipe off!!
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                    I agree with all the statements previously posted, but would like to add that I think you use less product, because the machine applies a thin layer, which in turn makes it uses to wipe off!!
                    you got it. the machine is consistent. your hand pressure etc. isn't.

the machine applies a consistent thin layer and that helps.

yes that final step is nice doing it by hand. but i apply and remove everything by machine except when i use number 6 or 7. i like to do that by hand. but either way, at the end of a day's detail i always give it a final wipe with a SS MF by hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');