• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Glaze ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Glaze ?

I was just given a gallon of Speed Glaze. This appears to be old stock, at first I thought this product to be the same as #80. I was reading and comparing the directions to determine if this to be true or not. The directions mention once applied it should be allowed to dry to a haze then wiped off. I also noted that the directions do not mention the use with a DA. So my question is, is this product the same as 80 and can it be used with a DA ? If not then what situation would it be used ?

Thanks in Advance
    --Dan--

Re: Speed Glaze ?

Any pictures? what color is the polish? green?
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well that is #80. You can see the part number on the bottom left of the bottle. M-8001. That is the part number for the one Gal. of #80. Maybe those directions were more geared for single stage paints. I am only saing that because it is such an old bottle that maybe that was the way it was used. I say call the number on the back of the bottle and ask someone in customer service. 800 347-5700.
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Thats a very old bottle. I'm not sure of the shelf life of #80?
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Dispense product onto cool surface. If using an orbital buffer, product may be dispensed directly onto pad. Using light pressure on buffer, spread product over surface. Use overlapping strokes to ensure even coverage. Allow product to dry to a haze. Remove residue with a clean, soft, 100% cotton terry cloth towel.
              I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

That #80 Speed Glaze is so old that i dont think its the same as the #80 Speed Glaze that we know of today.

I wouldnt even use it, not only is it old and not knowing if its even good anymore its also a collectors item i would say.

Comment

it's also written on the back of the bottle,

"to clean, polish and protect"

is M80 suppose to have protection?

Comment

Yup M80 does leave some polymer protection. U can use it on freshly painted surface untill it cures 60 - 90 days only u can apply wax/sealant on the paint surface. It's a versatile product & I love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');