• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to detailing.. PC question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to detailing.. PC question...

im new to detailing..currently use dc1 and dc2 and NXT wax all by hand with great results..

im looking to start using a pc....but dont know which one(s) to get...and their accessories...

i'd want to apply cleaners, polishes and waxes...

and,.....can i continue to use these consumer products or need to switch to detailing products/professional products?

thanks a lot...

john

Re: new to detailing.. PC question...

G100A:

Meguiars G100A Polisher - Lifetime warranty, 5 ounce counter weight, one backing plate and one pad is included - Meguiars G-100A

Porter Cable 7336(considered a sander) - one year warranty, 6 ounce counter weight and you will have to buy the Meguiars DA Velcro Buffing System (contains: one backing plate, two soft buff polishing pads and one soft buff finishing pad)

Porter Cable 7424(considered a polisher) - one year warranty, 5 ounce counter weight and you will have to buy the Meguiars DA Velcro Buffing System (contains: one backing plate, two soft buff polishing pads and one soft buff finishing pad)

All three machines(the power unit itself)are basically the same. You need to get Meguiars brand pads if you go with either Porter-Cable (7424/7336) version, do not use the included white pad.

The two different counter weights won't make a difference, here is a test "Jimmy Buffit" did: The Dual Action Counterweight 'Controversy'

The G100A is the best option, its complete and ready to go out of the box with the lifetime warranty. Now you can use your current products with a PC and get very good results, thats where I started and then stepped into the pro line. Once you get a PC you will wont to try all kinds of different products!

Here is another good thread to look over: Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

gb387...

thanks alot....solves my question in a flash....use consumer than try pro line.....

i guess reading the g100a is self explanatory..wouldnt want to ruin my paint job for carelessness....

john

Comment

Originally posted by jmanero123 View Post
        gb387...

thanks alot....solves my question in a flash....use consumer than try pro line.....

i guess reading the g100a is self explanatory..wouldnt want to ruin my paint job for carelessness....

john
        The PC is very easy to use and you would really have to try to damage your paint. That is one reason they are so popular, easy to use and just about anyone can use a PC!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

PC is very easy to use. worth your while as well. grab the MEGS one b/c of the lifetime warranty. its worth the extra buck.

in terms of products. a few good starting points are.

M80, NXT, a lot of guys rave about M21 ( i just got mine today but can't use it till summer so no comment from me).

but, a good finish starts with AN AWESOME WASH.

Two 5 Gallon Buckets with two grit guards are A MUST

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');