LXForums.com at Meguiar's - March 3rd, 2007
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LXForums.com at Meguiar's - March 3rd, 2007

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

Supposed to be a sunny day tomorrow, perfect for another fun-filled day at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Re: LXForums.com at Meguiar's - March 3rd, 2007

Class starts in a few hours, we're off to pick up some fresh donuts and make some hot coffee!

Mike Phillips

And another full class at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips

Very informative, good atmosphere, nice facilities, and a great Lunch. Had a great time seeing everyone and learning so much about how to care for these "toys" we drive. Regardless of me being told "I'm outta luck" on going to town due to the pinstriping, I do know now how to take better care of the paint.
    ->2005 Flamed Dodge Magnum SXT<-

Mike,

Awesome job and thanks, I learned a boat load and believe I learned enough to comfortably go out and make the car shine.

The information and presentation was top notch, the facility and on hands training was "extremly" helpful.

Thanks again to you and John for providing us this opportunity.

And a final shout out to Ozzie for getting this together, thanks mate!

Mike, thanks for the great class.

I thought I knew how to use my Porter Cable before the class, now I know that even with the PC you really need to push a little harder and work a little longer than I have been to get the best results.
    thanks again....

Registered Member

Mike,

Thanks again for the great class! I'm glad that some people couldn't make it so I was able to attend! It was great meeting you. So funny that I had just watched a 30 minute video about washing your car just a few weeks ago and suddenly look who's teaching a class about detailing your car! I didn't realise it was you doing this to begin with. haha.

Man, I spent a bunch of money too... but all worth it in keeping my car looking great! The hands on really sold me on the polisher. Hopefully my car doesn't have as hard of a clear coat as Steve's car did. But compared to how it looked beforehand, it was a drastic improvement.

Your thoughts and insights were great! Too much information is never unwelcomed. I'd rather get more than I can handle then not enough. And going through and making sure you answered everyone's questions even though many might be found on this forum was great. You really know your stuff and I'm glad to have been a part of this class with you instructing it.

I would definately love to attend another session if they would become available. I'm also in a semi-large Hyundai club and I think alot of these guys would love to hear this information too.

The grab bag of goodies and pizza was great! Your right, the chicken pizza was real good! Although, I was disappointed to hear that Meguiar's stopped carrying all of their brushes. After watching the car washing video I tried to find the detailing brushes you used. It was the kind of thing I really could use and was a big disappointment to hear that they stopped selling them.

I had a great time, thanks for everything!

Btw: This is for Cam, who had to cancel last minute. haha.

Registered Member

Mike, Awesome class. Learned a ton of great techniques and tips to get my Magnum looking great

Great class Mike, I really learned a lot about the care for the new finishes. And thanks for using my car to demo. Oh, and thanks to the 12 or 14 guys who practiced on my hood. After getting home my daughter said:
    “The hood looks great dad, so when you going to finish the rest”. I’ll have to get my order in on Monday.
    Thanks again Mike and the rest of you guys.

Full house! Outstanding presentation as always from Meguiar's master instructor Mike Phillips.
    Kudos to Larry Pyle for making the longest ride to the class. All the way from Napa in Northern California!

The morning classroom session, (preceded by coffee and donuts for all) was really educational and a lot of fun.

The outrageous pizza lunch was a huge hit with the LXForums crew, lining up here in a rarely witnessed orderly manner.

After lunch it was out to the garage for the hands-on segment, with Mike demonstrating products and techniques.

Question: How many LXForums members does it take to clay bar ezridr95's ride? Answer: Ezridr is still accepting applications.
    Here we were learning how to use clay as a pivotal step in the detailing process.

Outside inspecting the results of Mike's hard work. A great day for all who got to attend this special class for
    LXForums members. Many thanks to Mike, his assistant John, and the folks at Meguiar's who made this class possible.
    2006 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum SRT8 * Option Groups I, II & III * Moon Roof * Quaife LSD
    * GSM ESP/Fan Mod * GSM CAI * Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats * Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust * KW V2 Coilovers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information