• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Hyper Wash compare with Gold Class/NXT/Shampoo Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Hyper Wash compare with Gold Class/NXT/Shampoo Plus?

hi all,
    could anyone give me some input on how Hyper Wash is like?
    For it's 400:1 dilution ratio, it seems to be the cheapest shampoo Meguiar's makes, yet, not many people use it...

I wash a few cars at home and it hurts my wallet to wash with NXT, so I was thinking of switching to Hyper Wash.

as per title, how will Hyper Wash compare to NXT/GC/Shampoo Plus?

Is it as slick?
    Does it rinse of as easy?
    Does the suds stay throughout the wash?
    Is it gentle on waxes?

appreciate any comments, thanks!

Re: How does Hyper Wash compare with Gold Class/NXT/Shampoo Plus?

Little problem in here: I have not used any at all but still can answer some questions

Is it as slick?

yes it should be

Does it rinse of as easy?

yes, just make sure you don't use too much soap or it can be a little harder to rinse

Does the suds stay throughout the wash?

they should, since it's Meguiars' most concentrated car wash

Is it gentle on waxes?

count on that

Hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

thanks chex...
      I may get the Hyper Wash soon, but somehow still not convinced..since the cost per wash is so cheap..not many people rave about it.. hmm

again, thanks, I appreciate you input

Comment

Hi Ken,

I have both but like Shampoo Plus as it's so easy to use as opposed to Hyper Wash which because it's so thick means it can be difficult to mix properly especially when it's cold.

One point.......always remember to stick to the dilution rates stated as using too much can cause smearing when it comes to waxing.........that said I have reduced the stated dilution rate and only use 80 to 90ml per application for the above reason and add the other 30ml to the rinse bucket.

As far as suds is concerned........I have never been a fan of suds for this reason "when you have lots of suds they tend to bail out of the bucket so your loosing some of the libricity" I prefer not too much suds but you can get as much as you want it all depends on how full the bucket is and how strong the flow of water is going into the bucket and they will easily last the as long as it takes you to wash your car.

Hope that helps

Bryan

Comment

I was also a little curious about Hyper Wash, I am wanting to buy it for my business as it definitely does seem as if it is the cheapest option and sounds like it still performs well, especially for the price.
          I am somewhat confused just how you would make sure to dilute it to the right amound since 400:1 is such an amazing dilution ratio. Does it come with some type of device to make this process easier, thanks for any input.
          Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Bryan,

THANK YOU! well, I too don't really bother much about the suds but more concerned about the lubricity. I'm currently using Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss Car Wash & Conditioner, the lubricity is okay, but kinda dies after washing 1- panels, and I have to beat it with my hand to bring back the suds and lubricity, which wastes alot of time.

How do you find the lubricity of Hyper Wash? does it stay through out the wash?...

so the only benefit of usnig shampoo plus over Hyper wash is because it is easier to be diluted?

jarred767,

from what I've read, it comes with a hand pump that dispenses about one ounce of the concentrated Hyper Wash..

Comment

Hi guys,

Yes my Hyper Wash came with a "pump" dispenser that will give 90ml max per operation.

Hyper does indeed stay "frothy" and have good lubricity thoughout your wash.

Also as far as prefering one over the other is concerned........ it's mostly down to personal choice however I do think Shampoo Plus gives slihjtly more lubricity and or suds if that's what you like and leaves a very nice finish, now that's not to say Hyper Wash doesn't.

Bryan

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm gonna go forward and get this product, seems like a good enough product to get the job done and definitely the best on the pocket over a period of time. I'll let you know what I think about it once I've used it.
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just checked the prices listed at the Meguiar
                  2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just checked the prices listed at the Meguiar

Comment

Im assuming neither Hyper Wash nor Shampoo plus strip wax correct? Would make a great car wash for a side detailer that has clients that want weekly car washes.
                      2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
                      2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
                      1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

All of the Meguiars washes are safe for waxes.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sorry Guys - For some reason the last two posts did not go through.

In a nut shell, Hyper is $24.99 a gallon and dilutes 400 to 1 which is 1 ounce of product to just a fraction over 3 gallons of water. 128 ounces per gallon makes this product $0.195 an ounce and $0.195 per wash

Gold Class is 128 to one. Cost per gallon is $11.90. Cost per ounce is $0.093 but it takes 3 ounces in 3 gallons of water, $0.276 per wash.

NXT is 128 to one. Cost per gallon (2 two quart bottles) is $15.18. Cost per ounce is $0.119 and it also takes three ounces in 3 gallons of water, $0.357 per wash.

Really not a lot of savings for the average person but for the Pro the savings will add up quickly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bene vita View Post
                            Sorry Guys - For some reason the last two posts did not go through.

In a nut shell, Hyper is $24.99 a gallon and dilutes 400 to 1 which is 1 ounce of product to just a fraction over 3 gallons of water. 128 ounces per gallon makes this product $0.195 an ounce and $0.195 per wash

Gold Class is 128 to one. Cost per gallon is $11.90. Cost per ounce is $0.093 but it takes 3 ounces in 3 gallons of water, $0.276 per wash.

NXT is 128 to one. Cost per gallon (2 two quart bottles) is $15.18. Cost per ounce is $0.119 and it also takes three ounces in 3 gallons of water, $0.357 per wash.

Really not a lot of savings for the average person but for the Pro the savings will add up quickly.

Hope this helps.
                            Thats some very good info vita, but is Shampoo plus or Hyper better than NXT or Gold Class(In anyones opinion)?
                            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I think Nxt is probably the best cleaner. Shampoo Plus seemed closer to Gold Class, but I dont know about it being better at anything specific. I used #62 once so far, that might beat out Gold Class for good looks.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');