• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Hyper Wash compare with Gold Class/NXT/Shampoo Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does Hyper Wash compare with Gold Class/NXT/Shampoo Plus?

Sounds as if NXT is probably the best all around, but it completely depends on your own situation and what you're using it for. For example, for me, it's quickly become a no brainer that I should go with Hyper Wash according to these numbers, it's half as expensive than NXT, but still a good wash. When you own a detailing business and 95% of the washes are followed by some type of a cleaner/polish/wax, then I believe you should definitely go with Hyper Wash, as I now definitely will.

If on the the other hand it's just for your car and you wash once a week or so, then you wouldn't notice the price difference as much, and therefore probably go with the NXT.

Just depends on your situation.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

totally agree with Jarred here,

yes if you are only washing your garage queen, Hyper Wash may not be as cost effective compared to shampoo plus/NXT etc. etc.

anyway i just purchased Hyper Wash, and "played" with it.
      ...sad to say, was quickly disappointed by the lack of lubrication.

I mixed one ounce of Hyper Wash with about 2 and a half gallons of water, swish it around with my hand, this produced some suds and one ounce to two and a half gallnos of water is a little more concentrated than recommended, however I could not feel any lubricity/slickness at all. Probably just very very very very little, to me, it was none.

Lubricity losses to NXT , even to Turtle Wax Platinum shampoo.
      There wasn't any fragrance, it smelled undisturbing, that's about it.

Disappointed, I was about to pour my bucket of wash solution away, and decided to play with it for a while.

Sorry neighbours!

My initial impressions are,
      suitable for cost effective detailing shops, or for cheap and cheerful daily drivers. Because of the lack of lubrication, I'd prefer to use something like NXT to wash the more expensive cars.

Comment

I have not used hyper wash. I have used Gold Class and NXT and like them both. I always look for the sales and do not pay regular price for them, so the cost per wash will be closer to hyper wash. Some members have reported paying only 5.50 for a gallon of GC from target!
        Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I have used them all and currently (because of my bussiness) use Hyperwash and NXT. So perhaps I can help...

Hyperwash is not as slick or sudsy as NXT. It is harder to mix also. I find the NXT cleans much better also.

So why to I use hyperwash, because it is a good soap if you use a couple tricks. (I save NXT soap for really dirty cars because of its better lubrication/slickness).

Fill the bucket up half way and dillute to LESS then 400:1, like 500:1 or so. Then spray the water hard and move the nozzle around to mix up the thick gel. With less dilution, I find that Hyperwash retains its suds for a long time (longer then NXT) and is very very easy to rinse off. If you mix it too thick, it can be difficult to remove. Mix it a little thin, and its a pleasure to rinse and use, and still produces great slickness (but a little less then NXT, but hell what is slicker then NXT?)

Ease of Mixing NXT: 6 HW: 5 GC: 8

Slickness NXT: 10 HW: 8 GC: 8

Cleaning power NXT: 9 HW: 6 GC: 7

Suds: NXT: 7 HW: 5 GC: 8

Ease of Rinse NXT: 7 HW: 10 GC: 7
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

thanks for your input TH0001,

how do you rate the slickness of shampoos?
            I dilute them according to their recommended ratios and then dip my hand or swish it around in the wash bucket, bring my hand out and feel for the slickness between my fingers.

I've only used NXT and TWPUG car wash

NXT has the better slickness, however Hyper Wash I can't feel any slickness between my fingers, feels just like water...

Comment

Update:

have recently used it twice at the properly diluted ratio,
              there was some slickness, only little, and isn't as slick as TW platinum car wash or NXT, but it's okay, I'll use this compared to TW Platinum car wash because it's more fun to use , the suds are everywhere.

Rinses of as easy as any other shampoo, smells pleasant, not as addictive as NXT, but just okay.

I give this product a thumbs up for it's cost-effectiveness while still maintaining decent qualities of a good car shampoo.

on the downside, takes a little while to mix it up with water in your bucket...

Comment

how does it compare to say NXT 2.0 wash?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');