• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 why even bother w/anything else...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 why even bother w/anything else...?

I just gotta say again how good the M21 is...I've been with it for over a year now and it amazes me how long the protection lasts, how it makes the color pop with luster and depth and the insane slick coating it leaves behind. The way it completely fills in micro swirls is a plus also.

All my other products have been collection dust...anyone want some left over NXT...lol
    HammerDown

Re: M21 why even bother w/anything else...?

Yup I agree with you HammerDown, I have not been able to be satified or found any other waxes/sealant to compare with M21's slickness. But I work prefer the M21 to be a bit more thicker (something like Nxt Liquid) than been so watery solution...? It flows out the bottle too much at times. And spilled all over. Hehe. Have to be more careful.

Comment

I can't wait to try #21 this spring. Meguiars claims NXT is the most "Durable" and "best protecting", however every single person on here consistently claims the 21 lasts much longer, in regards to the feel, look and beading. HMMM- perhaps NXT does protect more, but wears off faster, thus #21 protects less when new, but overall protects longer.

Comment

I applied #21 to my GTO in December. In February, winter hit with a vengeance! Three snowstorms, lots of salt, calcium, magnesium, windshield washer fluid overspray, weeks with no car washing, one automatic car wash, no QD use, and the #21 has been stellar! When I washed my car last night, the water still rolls right off the paint and it still has that wet look and high gloss. I was going to add some touchup #20 but that was not necessary. A quick pass with some NXT Speed Detailer to remove a few water spots was the only maintenance I needed. The paint was still slick before I applied the Speed Detailer.

Needless to say I am very impressed!

It would be nice if the #21 would dry more quickly so I can apply it in colder weather. In other words, I would prefer less wetting action. When the temp gets below 50, it just takes too long to haze. Luckily I had a mild December so that was not an issue for me. I can still use #20 in this colder weather so that helps a lot.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Around July Of last year began using 21 as my lsp. Super bowl Sunday applied 2 coats of 21. Since then just maintained the finish.(Qd the finish as needed) As this is our dry season. Well last night took the wife out to dinner, Its raing big time out. This morning went to do a errand, the car is completely dry, spot free and looks like its just been detailed. Man I love #21. great stuff.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

21 is awesome, the only problem is the EXCESSIVE haze times in humid weather. It has taken almost an hour in some cases to swipe clean.
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
              21 is awesome, the only problem is the EXCESSIVE haze times in humid weather. It has taken almost an hour in some cases to swipe clean.
              The #21 has what they call a long "wetting time" so it can be used with a rotary buffer. That's why it can take longer to dry. I see the same thing in cold weather. I also wish they would reduce that, or have a separate formula for rotary users! It's a great product though otherwise.

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
                I live in a place where it is very dry, and sometime it takes almost 2 hours to fully pass the swipe test. I am playing with how I apply it ( not Meguiar's recommended techniques) and the time is coming down.
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
                  I live in a place where it is very dry, and sometime it takes almost 2 hours to fully pass the swipe test. I am playing with how I apply it ( not Meguiar's recommended techniques) and the time is coming down.
                  sneek you're starting to worry me. really?

is this what i have to look forward to when i do mine with M21 this summer.

i thought the wait time for NXT was long. oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
                    sneek you're starting to worry me. really?

is this what i have to look forward to when i do mine with M21 this summer.

i thought the wait time for NXT was long. oh boy.
                    Heat is not a problem, I think it is the humidity and cold weather, which may be causing a problem for Sneek.

I used to have trouble with MPPP (Medallion) in cold weather, but in the heat of summer it would haze up quickly.

TH0001 is in FL IIRC and it is a lot more humid there than in the Midwest or in Canada.

The effect of humidity is considerable, more than I realized. Out in Cali they don't have high humidity so they have it easy!

Sneek, if you have any tips to bring down the haze time, feel free to share them!

RamAirV1
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Despite #21 having a more watery consistency then NXT, does it seem to deposit a thicker layer down when buffed out? I sure can't wait to try it out!

Comment

Well, I am playing with the speed of application. I find that if I apply it at speed 5 and work it in really well, then it takes less time to haze. I am not applying much pressure, but I am making many of over lapping passes. Note that I don't recommended doing this because it could become dangerous. At speed 5 the PC is turning quite fast, usually you would apply pressure to work something in, in turn slowing the speed of the pad, but because #21 is a sealant it does not need to break down. I am not quite sure how the velcro on finishing pads hold up to such a high speed, so try it at your own risk.
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Again I must say I wish Meguiars would come out with a (quick spray) version of the M21.

NXT Quick Spray, nahhhh...I also have that and it's collecting a lot of dust right along with my Tin of NXT Paste.
                          HammerDown

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown View Post
                            Again I must say I wish Meguiars would come out with a (quick spray) version of the M21.

NXT Quick Spray, nahhhh...I also have that and it's collecting a lot of dust right along with my Tin of NXT Paste.
                            Better yet, I've suggested a paste version. I used M21 last fall for the first time and had the same streaking problem I had with NXT liquid that I don't have with NXT paste.

Mike
                            Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                            ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Originally posted by mh68 View Post
                              Better yet, I've suggested a paste version. I used M21 last fall for the first time and had the same streaking problem I had with NXT liquid that I don't have with NXT paste.

Mike
                              No "streaking" issues here, and with a Black car that would show it the worst.
                              Are you allowing a long enough drying time, applying in the sun, shaking the product well etc?
                              HammerDown

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');