• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-100 suitable for M20 & M21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-100 suitable for M20 & M21?

Experencing the G100, therefor , my friend and I tried it for applying the last step M20 on a white(pearl) Hyundai. ( After M85+W7000, M83+W9000 with compound machine). Then found it wasn't as shine as we thought....(M20 should has a bit clean action and protection ....) Do we expect too much...or which step I missed....??
    Jesus Love U ^~^
    Sweet but not 2 sweet* MONSTERPINK

Re: G-100 suitable for M20 & M21?

Originally posted by MonsterPink View Post
    Experencing the G100, therefor , my friend and I tried it for applying the last step M20 on a white(pearl) Hyundai. ( After M85+W7000, M83+W9000 with compound machine). Then found it wasn't as shine as we thought....(M20 should has a bit clean action and protection ....) Do we expect too much...or which step I missed....??
    Did you use the W7000 cutting pad with the G100 on you car or did you use with Rotary?
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

MonsterPink, the M-20 and M-21 are both fine to be used with our Dual-Action Polisher. The M-20 does have some polishing oils in it, so it should help to bring up a brilliant high gloss. Now of course, when you are working with white, you are going to be limited as to how much depth you are going to get out of it. The only other thing you could consider is working with a pure polish by itself between your M-83 and your M20. Typically, when you do each step individually you do maximize your results. One last note, as lilblkblt04 was mentioning, Meguiar's doesn't recommend using the W-7000 pad with the G-100. It is made to be used with a rotary (if you aren't already doing so)...
      Rick McDonough
      Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
      Meguiar's Inc.
      1.800.854.8073 * 3853
      rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

We also don't recommend the W-7000 or the W-7006 to be used with the M85 Diamond Cut Compound as this compound is formulated for use with a wool pad only.

It sounds like you're using a rotary buffer because you're listing our large pads and the dual action polisher won't work effectively with these large size pads plus many of our members tend to use rotary buffers in Taiwan because they can't get a dual action polisher that works on their electrical system.

If this is true, then your system,

M85/W-7000/RB
        M83/W-9000/RB

Probably isn't leaving the finish smooth, clear and glossy to start with.

The first step is the wrong product combination and in the second step the M83 should be applied using a W-8000 to insure any swirls from the M85 are removed.

But seriously, the M85 with the W-7000 cutting pad doesn't work very well as the product will cake up on the paint and the pad. A better choice would be M84 Compound Power Cleaner with our foam cutting pad.

Also just to note, the above products, applied with a rotary buffer are for cars in really bad condition?

Is the paint you're working on in really bad condition? (or was it?)

Let us know for sure what kind of tool you're using to apply chemicals.

Thanks!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
          Did you use the W7000 cutting pad with the G100 on you car or did you use with Rotary?
          Thanks for reply! I used RB with M85+w7000 then M83+w9000.
          And, DA for applying M20.
          Jesus Love U ^~^

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Probably isn't leaving the finish smooth, clear and glossy to start with.

The first step is the wrong product combination and in the second step the M83 should be applied using a W-8000 to insure any swirls from the M85 are removed.

But seriously, the M85 with the W-7000 cutting pad doesn't work very well as the product will cake up on the paint and the pad. A better choice would be M84 Compound Power Cleaner with our foam cutting pad.

Is the paint you're working on in really bad condition? (or was it?)
            Thanks Mike!
            1) I thought W7000 is fine with M85 and M84,however, in fact, it's NOT?
            The correct tools with products should be:
            W0004 (wool pad) with M85 (ONLY)
            and W7000 with M84 ...., right?
            2) the car condtion....oxidation / some light scratch/ and as many white cars------yellow stain.
            3) So...it's fine to use DA G-100 to apply M20 as long as the surface has been prepared smooth enough?

Thank you so much~!
            Jesus Love U ^~^

Comment

Thanks Mike!
              1) I thought W7000 is fine with M85 and M84,however, in fact, it's NOT?

The correct tools with products should be:
              W0004 (wool pad) with M85 (ONLY)
              and W7000 with M84 ...., right?

[/COLOR]
              Almost correct. The M84 can be used with either a wool pad or a foam cutting pad, it's only the M85 that should only be used with a wool pad.

[COLOR=magenta]2) the car condtion....oxidation / some light scratch/ and as many white cars------yellow stain.

3) So...it's fine to use DA G-100 to apply M20 as long as the surface has been prepared smooth enough?

Thank you so much~!

Yes you can use the DA to apply M20 but probably more important would be to use the DA to remove swirls after the rotary step.

For example,

M83/W-8006/DA Polisher on the 5.0 setting

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks A lot~!
                I'll try and see ^^
                Jesus Love U ^~^