• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the DA

Hey guys, I have a couple quick questions about my Dual Action Polisher. I have had for about a month now and probably detailed about 15 or so cars with it so far. To start with, wanna say that I love it. So recently the last couple of cars that I have done, it seems to be warming up a lot, I never noticed it do this before. Is this normal, doesn't seem like it should be.
    Next it seems as if it's squeaking when I shut it off (like as it's slowing down) I figured putting some WD-40 where the backing plate screws into the actual machine should fix this. Does this sound ok.
    Finally the only other thing that I figure could be causing this is the counter weight. It says only to use with 5" pads. I used Meguiars 6.5" pads. I never noticed this before, should I remove this counterweight? and if so, how would I go about doing this.

Thanks guys.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: Questions about the DA

Anyone got any possibilities for me???
    Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
      …So recently the last couple of cars that I have done, it seems to be warming up a lot, I never noticed it do this before. Is this normal, doesn't seem like it should be…
      I guess it depends on how warm you're talking about. Any power tool gets warmer when you're working it hard. I've never noticed a PC getting warm enough to bother me.

…Next it seems as if it's squeaking when I shut it off (like as it's slowing down) …
      That doesn't sound right.

…I figured putting some WD-40 where the backing plate screws into the actual machine should fix this. Does this sound ok. …
      I doubt it would do anything good. The plate should stay threaded in tight. If yours isn't it might be a sign of some other issue.

…Finally the only other thing that I figure could be causing this is the counter weight. It says only to use with 5" pads. I used Meguiars 6.5" pads. I never noticed this before, should I remove this counterweight? …
      The 5"/6" counterweight thing is for sanding. It doesn't matter which you use with buffing pads but you do have to use one.

PC.

Comment

So recently the last couple of cars that I have done, it seems to be warming up a lot, I never noticed it do this before. Is this normal, doesn't seem like it should be.

Next it seems as if it's squeaking when I shut it off (like as it's slowing down) I figured putting some WD-40 where the backing plate screws into the actual machine should fix this. Does this sound ok. .
        Sounds like something's wearing out, not good. Is it still under warranty?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Sounds like something's wearing out, not good. Is it still under warranty?
          yeah, I just got it like a month ago. Would something really wear out that fast. ???
          Doesn't seem right that it would.

Originally posted by the other pc
          Any power tool gets warmer when you're working it hard. I've never noticed a PC getting warm enough to bother me.
          It's not hot, just kinda warmed up a bit and it never really did that before. Probably just normal for a power tool i guess.

So about the fact that its squeaking as it slows down and the fact that that might signal something wearing out, is there anything I can do or should check?
          Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');