• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simoniz 10" Polisher Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simoniz 10" Polisher Question

Did some searches on polishers, and while this particular was not mentioned, I was wondering if anyone has any comments on this particular model.
    It is a 10' random-orbit waxer/polisher. I have some very, very minor scratches so don't need a heavy duty machine. Would this work with Color-X to reduce\eliminate very minor scratches?

EDIT: after 10 minutes of trying to attach a picture, I give up. Just like I am about to give up detailing my black car. Never again.
    2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
    2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
    1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Re: Simoniz 10" Polisher Question

Yeah, ColorX would work to remove some 'fine' scratches. If that doesn't work, you could buy some #66 which is a more aggressive cleaner wax.

I'm not a big fan of orbitals, but they will work to apply ColorX. Just make sure that you use a terry cloth bonnet - NO wool or foam ones in this application.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Thanks PorscheGuy997.

So you would suggest the Color-X by hand would be just a good as the orbital for fine scratches?

Thanks.
      2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
      2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
      1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Comment

If you are worried about swirls now, you will always be worried about them. Those cheap **** oribitals don't have much power and you have no choice in pad selection. They are only good for wax application/removal. Sounds like you will own both though, everyone does. The smart ones just get the PC though.

Comment

I still have a 9" WaxMaster made by Chamberlain (had this for a while). At one time, I figured it was still working so I kept using it. I think a simular waxer was used in the Meguiar's Medallion VHS video a number of years ago (anyone remember that video? ).

I upgraded to a G100 this year. I know it's not for everyone, but I figured that the time I spent waxing/polishing the car would be better spent using the G100 and doing a better job. The G100 produces results that I could not attain with the WaxMaster. I also noticed that the G100 uses MUCH less product than the WaxMaster with those terry bonnets.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');