• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC car wash or NXT car wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC car wash or NXT car wash?

I have noticed that the GC car wash is more expensive, by about 3$. why is this, is one better then the other?

Re: GC car wash or NXT car wash?

I don't know if one is better than the other, but the GC gives more suds and lasts longer in the bucket!

Comment

Gold Class is supposed to be the most gentle, and leaves a nice, glossy finish.

Nxt seems to clean better, but as such, doesnt leave quite as fine of a look behind.

Not to say either is bad, but there is a bit of a difference. My experience says buy a bottle of each, and then use it at the appropriate time.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

They are both great products...it can be hard to choose which one to use. Murr sumed it perfectly though...

Comment

When I was at Meguiar's for a clinic a couple of weeks ago, we were told that the NXT wash has some buffering in it for hard water. It precipitates out the hard mineral content to help reduce water spots from the wash water. Mike also said that the NXT gave more and longer suds, but other than that they were pretty much equal.

Comment

thanks for the info, but shouldnt that make nxt wash more expensive?

Comment

I dunno... making somthing gentle could be harder than making it agressive.

Comment

I personally like Gold Class much better. I've been using it for quite a few years now and I think it cleans better, leaves a nicer shine, and is super slick feeling when I wash. Excellent sudding. I used 2 containers of NXT before and I ended up using it mainly for tires and rims.

Comment

I personaly have hard water so i might switch to nxt

Comment

Originally posted by acsuppa View Post
                    I personally like Gold Class much better. I've been using it for quite a few years now and I think it cleans better, leaves a nicer shine, and is super slick feeling when I wash. Excellent sudding. I used 2 containers of NXT before and I ended up using it mainly for tires and rims.
                    Kind of in the same boat here, I prefer GC Shampoo over NXT both work well but I like the lubricity and just washed look of Gold Class.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There is a ton of different washes, it is plain crazy. So do I use NXT, Deep Crystal, Gold Class, Hi-Tech Was or Carwash shampoo and Conditioner?

Thanks,
                      2000 Saleen S351 Speedster

Comment

Best all around just might be the Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been able to use it a couple times and really like it.

But it does cost a bit more.

Comment

i use both washes... nxt for when it's real dirty and gc when it's average dirty. i find myself using the gc more often...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');