• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before Start My Detail.....m21 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before Start My Detail.....m21 Question

Hi again.....I am ready to strat and will be back with some pictures later.
    I will start with :
    Wash****NXT Soap
    Clay***** Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    Polish**** M80 for light swirls and M83 in case need it and finishing with M80 to remove .....
    Wax*****NXT Gen X2 and M21 to finish....

My questions before start....
    Its about WAX .... 2 WAX coats are good right? ..... my question is regarding M21 ...... I bought it because I was told to add it to my start kit ..... What this product does to my finish work?...is a WAX or what?....which is the purpose to apply it? ...... and.....this M21 and everything will be apply it with my G100 .....M21 is applied with G100 or by hand?

M21 is only my doubt........

Thanx
    Thanx .....

Re: Before Start My Detail.....m21 Question

Yes. 21 is an LSP that can be used by itself (two coats) or to top off another LSP product of your choice. (Looks nice on top of #26 on a dark color paint) It's technically not a wax but a synthetic coating that serves the same function. Can be applied by machine or hand and removed by either.

Mort

Comment

You should the #21 on first then the NXT. The #21 is more durable and will still be there when the NXT wears off. It is a combination that I like very much.

#21 is an LSP from the professional line. It provides a look similar to that of NXT but most on here will agree that it lasts longer.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Ok......so, One Nxt Wax Coat And Finish With 2 X M21 Coats Or How?.....
        2 Nxt Ans 1 M21
        2 M21 And 1 Nxt
        1 M21 And 2 Nxt

Which One?

Thanx
        Thanx .....

Comment

I would go with 2 X #21 followed by 1 X NXT.

RamAirV1
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Is this step ok....

1. wash
            2. ColorX
            3. M21
            4. NXT

concerning M21, since its a Polish wax, is this the wax where you don't have to wait for it to dry or is that the Glaze waxs'?
            Also, I dont have a DA or a Orbital, I will be doing it by hand, is there a similiar product to M80/M83 that i can use by hand besides ScratchX? because i read on the forum that M80/M83 would work much better with machine rather than by hand. I want to get some light swirls/holograms before I do the ColorX step.

Comment

i haven't used M21 but isn't it LSP so it would go NXT - M21. it is a polymer sealant LSP so doesn't that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by rclab1 View Post
                Is this step ok....

1. wash
                2. ColorX
                3. M21
                4. NXT

concerning M21, since its a Polish wax, is this the wax where you don't have to wait for it to dry or is that the Glaze waxs'?
                Also, I dont have a DA or a Orbital, I will be doing it by hand, is there a similiar product to M80/M83 that i can use by hand besides ScratchX? because i read on the forum that M80/M83 would work much better with machine rather than by hand. I want to get some light swirls/holograms before I do the ColorX step.
                If you are working by hand use the #80 not the #83. The #83 may leave some micro marring when used by hand.

You do need to wait for the #21 to dry before wiping off the haze.

NXT is an LSP like #21. You can try the #21 over the NXT. I have not tried that so don't know how long it will last. I would prefer the longer lasting LSP to be right next to the paint.

RamAirV1
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I would just use #21. NXT will ruin the #21 benefits.
                  Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

To take a slight tangent, and I asked this question on another thread, but could you or should you use some combination of #21, #26 and NXT with #21 or NXT as the top coat? My thinking is that #12 or NXT give you that high gloss shine but # 26 "Adds richness and depth of color", why can't I have it all?
                    ---
                    Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');