• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Leather spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Leather spray

Has anyone tried the Gold Class Rich Leather Spray? My seat on the vette are NEVER dirty...just want something to protect from cracking. This car sits in storage and is driven about every 3 weeks for a short time. Would this be the best leather conditioner? Also how about a polisher for chrome and for clear plastic...What would be best? thanks for your help. I am sort of new to all this. I have been detailing my own car since I first owned one, but I want the best...which is Meguiars!

Personally I have not tried the leather spray, but wanting to prevent the leather from cracking is a very good goal to have. If it says meguiars on it I'm sure it will work great. Although the leather may never get dirty as you say you'd be suprised what an occasional leather cleaner can take out of leather. For the cracking prevention leather conditioner applied from time to time will keep it from cracking, but will keep it nice and soft new feeling. I would recommend you go with a two step system, cleaner then conditioner. Maybe the one step for matenience from time to time. I've heard the gold class righ aloe leather cleaner and conditioner are good. The only leather I have in my own car right now is a leather wrapped steering wheel thats been through 3 cars with an estimated 50,000 miles total on it and it's been well kept and still looks brand new with cleaning and conditioning maybe every 2 months.

For chrome, the gold class all metal polish is good and safe on all metals. If you don't need a real heavy cut this stuff is really good.

Polish for clear plastic? This permits a quick story. My dad had a 95 Vette a few years back and he always had the guys that work for him clean it (-groan-). Well they used something on the gague cluster plastic that scoured it bad. You could barely read the speedo. So we were half way convinced that a new plastic cover for the cluster was needed, not a cheap item like anything else from the dealership.

So before we did that I suggested we try the meguiars plastic system. After several applications it actually saved it. Now this was the professional clear plastic cleaner and polish. These are kind of hard to find, you'd probably have better luck finding the PlasticX, which is one step, but probably works just as well.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');