• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superior Shine and Meguiars go back awhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Shine and Meguiars go back awhile...

I first used a Meguiars product while I was working at a custom hot rod shop in Maimi, Fl back in 1984.

Years later I was in Los Angeles and had a mobile detailing business.

I heard from a Meguiars rep (I think it was Jason Rose who is still at Meguiars) that I could take a paint correction class for free at the Meguiars Irvine headquarters.

The instructor was Mike Pennington (also still at Meguiars) and another person that I can not remember the name of.

14+ years later I have attended four other paint correction/surface care/NXT classes not to mention all the Saturday workshops and open garages held at Meguiars.

Here is the certificate I recieved for attending the class dated Nov 18, 1993 --

And here is the result of the training, flawless finishes -

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: Superior Shine and Meguiars go back awhile...

wow.. very cool joe, thanks for sharing!

Comment

That is just great Joe!
      SYDSTER

Comment

Wow that is too cool! It's neat too to see that people are still with the company and products after all that time. Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

I would love to see this kind of class or workshop, but unfortunatly Meguiars did not get to Portugal.

Comment

Joe, Thanks for sharing your memories of how you got started with megs. It is nice to loyalty to a brand andloyalty with its employees. Thanks
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

pictures are great, but up close i bet it is just so deep and drenched with an unbelieveable wet shine!!! great work JOE
              ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
              You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
              Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Joe, You are truly a master at what you. It is also amazing that you have stuck with a great product line for so many years. I think that maybe it's time for you to start training, so you can teach all on how to master the wet look. You really are an asset to the forums. The knowledge that you bring is priceless. It was great to meet you in Florida. Can't wait to see what other projects you have going on.

Dave

Comment

Joe: SHAME ON YOU FOR POSTING A PIC OF A BMW THAT IS STILL WET FROM WASHING!!!!...oh wait, it's done...never mind.

Seriously, I recondition 8-10 Bimmers per month for a pre-owned Dealer here in the KC area and that is One Nice car.

Your info sharing is fantastic (as well as the Meg's folks too).

Totoland Mach

Guess which side of the BMW trunk lip I have to complete? LOL

See Ya
                  Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I didin't expect that reaction -LOL!

Training others has come up in the past but where and when would I do it? I don't have a shop.

Here are a few more pics of thE BMW-

Again thanks
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Great additional shots Joe!

I know what you mean by the no shop line....I did driveway detailing for years until this part-time job came along. A shop (with a nice Snap-On mini lift which is a joy to use) really makes a difference in work time and final outcome of the car.

Here's a pic of the shop (which also serves as the dealer's showroom so we both keep it super clean). Another nice item for me is the dealer introduces me to every buyer and I get tons of questions about how to keep the car looking nice. That's a big plus.

Again, beautiful shots of that Bimmer!

Totoland Mach
                      Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

I thought you were thinking about a shop. You mean that you can't make time for training LOL! You are a very busy person. Hope all is well on the West coast. Those are great pics that you just sent!! Why is that you sit on the ground and not on a roller stool? Just curios, I would think that the ground is uncomfortable.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by hammarshine View Post
                          I thought you were thinking about a shop. You mean that you can't make time for training LOL! You are a very busy person. Hope all is well on the West coast. Those are great pics that you just sent!! Why is that you sit on the ground and not on a roller stool? Just curios, I would think that the ground is uncomfortable.

Dave
                          I've been blessed with plenty of natural cushion if you know what I mean.

Comment

Still with Meguiars!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                              Still with Meguiars!!
                              I can hardly picture you with Turtle Wax, Joe.

We are all glad you are with Meguiar's and Online Forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');