• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

major flaw in MOL forum or is it PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major flaw in MOL forum or is it PC?

okay so why does it take three attempts to actually log me in?

and why does it automatically log me out when i'm viewing some threads?

Re: major flaw in MOL forum or is it PC?

it has happened to me, but usually on other computers. sometimes when i sign in it wont let me, i have to use a different login page instead of the top right one.

Comment

yupe. same here. then i have to sign in sometimes 3 times although it'll say THank you for logging in Trufflepig, click here etc...

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
        okay so why does it take three attempts to actually log me in?

and why does it automatically log me out when i'm viewing some threads?
        Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
        it has happened to me, but usually on other computers. sometimes when i sign in it wont let me, i have to use a different login page instead of the top right one.
        First a question for both of you, which browser are you using to read MOL?

I have two Dell laptop computers, one from work one is my personal laptop. I have both IE and Firefox loaded on both. Firefox works fine on my work Dell laptop, that is it will log me in and I'll stay logged in. With my personal Dell laptop it just doesn't work. I can read the MOL forum with it but it won't log me in. When I log in it always returns the page just like it was.

I've tried deleting and re-installing and monkied with all of the settings and still it will not work.

Ghost in the machine?

Don't know, but it is annoying as Firefox is a great browser.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ahhaha, well, i think we have our culprit! I am running firefox 2.0 and its fine if i stay signed in, but when i try to sign in it gets tricky. I love firefox too.

Comment

Same problem here.

I am using Firefox and I can not log in from the main MOL page. I have to click on Forum at the top of the MOL page and then once I am in the forum I log in and it works fine. However if I go back to the main MOL page I get logged out again.
            Brian

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the cookie settings in Firefox. By the way, never had a problem here with Safari on the Mac.
              Leo

Comment

I have had the same problem with both firefox and monzilla
                Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

No problem here at all. I use IE 6.

Comment

FireFox all the way.

Comment

I've had the same problem with Firefox and Safari on my Mac. I can't stay logged in if I return to the homepage. Also, when I go to the Gallery, I am logged out, even if I was logged in on a previous page. I'd like to post some pictures of my last outing, but can't upload any pictures. Hopefully this is a quirk and I can solve the issue.

Comment

Do you guys have cookies enabled? just a thought.

I've had a few problems with Opera in the past, but the latest update solved that issue. I can't say enough about Opera!

I don't really like IE - I updated to v7 and I strongly dislike the new version. Firefox works if you have time. I haven't tried Safari, but I'm fine with Opera.
                        Chris
                        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Here is a work around. From the main page click on "Forum" and log in on the screen. Then you should not have a problem.
                          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Thanks MaximusZTS.. that's worked! Doesn't seem to be a cookie session if this workaround works. Something not coded right on the homepage possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
                              Here is a work around. From the main page click on "Forum" and log in on the screen. Then you should not have a problem.
                              Originally posted by 24DNT View Post
                              Thanks MaximusZTS.. that's worked! Doesn't seem to be a cookie session if this workaround works. Something not coded right on the homepage possibly?
                              I am not sure why it works I just know it worked for me. Glad I could help.
                              You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');