• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to maintain a good looking car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to maintain a good looking car

I just finished detailing the 07 black lexus and it looks great. The car is daily drive. outside at day and in garage at night. I intent to follow up with this maintenance schedule:
    - weekly: wash, QD
    - bi weeakly: wash, spray wax
    - monthly: wash, clay, #9
    - every 6 month: complete detailing with #80
    Please let me know if it is ok
    Thanks
    Last edited by tandoc; Mar 20, 2007, 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

Re: how to maintain a good looking car

You're right, weekly wax is too much time consuming..
    Thanks for your response

Comment

Originally posted by tandoc View Post

I intent to follow up with this maintenance schedule:
      - bi weekly: wash, spray wax

Please let me know if it is ok

Thanks
      Looks good, if you haven't already, get a good supply of quality microfiber polishing cloth and organize a place to keep clean ones so that they don't get airborne dust and dirt on them when not in use and it's a real good idea to have a dedicated container to place used/dirty microfibers until you have enough to make a wash load.

The idea being to always have clean microfibers hand and ready for use and a system in place to store dirty ones until your ready to make a wash load. A dedicated laundry hamper is inexpensive and will help keep stray dirt and other scratchy things from attaching to your microfibers.

Recently I found a microfiber on the ground and some dried leaves attached and interwove into the fibers and it was a real time consuming pain to try to pick the little scratchy parts of the leafs out of the microfiber so that it could be washed without contaminating all of the other microfiber polishing cloths.

Just something to think about for long term maintenance of your new car.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by tandoc View Post
        - bi weeakly: wash, spray wax
        I'm assuming that means you'll be doing a regular wax along with the #80 at 6 month intervals? (The spray wax is for "freshening up" the shine between regular waxing.)

Since you're planning to clay and polish with #9 monthly, that would also be a good time to wax. The clay and cleaner/polish combo will remove any existing wax.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Looks good, if you haven't already, get a good supply of quality microfiber polishing cloth and organize a place to keep clean ones so that they don't get airborne dust and dirt on them when not in use and it's a real good idea to have a dedicated container to place used/dirty microfibers until you have enough to make a wash load.

The idea being to always have clean microfibers hand and ready for use and a system in place to store dirty ones until your ready to make a wash load. A dedicated laundry hamper is inexpensive and will help keep stray dirt and other scratchy things from attaching to your microfibers.

Recently I found a microfiber on the ground and some dried leaves attached and interwove into the fibers and it was a real time consuming pain to try to pick the little scratchy parts of the leafs out of the microfiber so that it could be washed without contaminating all of the other microfiber polishing cloths.

Just something to think about for long term maintenance of your new car.
          Good point. I've been stacking them up with all the cleaner bottles

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
            I'm assuming that means you'll be doing a regular wax along with the #80 at 6 month intervals? (The spray wax is for "freshening up" the shine between regular waxing.)

Since you're planning to clay and polish with #9 monthly, that would also be a good time to wax. The clay and cleaner/polish combo will remove any existing wax.

PC.
            You're correct...I'm too lazy to type everything so just put down " complete detail"
            Thank you all for your inputs

Comment

I wax my car every after 5 washes.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');