• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirls in wax job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls in wax job

I am using Meguair's waxes on my 2007 Saturn Sky and a rotary buffer, but am getting the light swirls in the wax job that are seen only when the light on the car is right. I use Meguairs gold class waxes and the wax for the clear coat. By the way the car is fire engine red.

How can I avoid these swirls and how can I get rid of them?
    Thanks
    Will

Re: Swirls in wax job

Anytime you apply a wax with a rotary buffer you're going to get swirls in the paint, or microscopic scratches in the paint, that's because you have something touching the surface and rotating on it.

This question comes up a lot by people trying to learn the way of the rotary buffer and also often from people that live in countries where the G100/PC is not an available option so they try to do everything with the rotary buffer.

The answer is don't use the rotary buffer for your last machine process unless you don't care about swirl, i.e. you're doing production work.

Get your hands on a dual action polisher and make your last machine process the application of a cleaner/polish, a cleaner/wax, (products that can remove swirls after using a rotary buffer), followed by an application of a wax either by hand or with a dual action polisher.

You need to change the action of the machine that is touching the paint.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If you'll read these, they will help you to learn the way of the rotary buffer...

How to avoid swirls and holograms?

Need HELP! - How to avoid holograms?

Rotary vs PC vs Regular Orbital Buffer

Can a Rotary Buffer like a Makita or DeWalt be as Idiot-proof as a PC?

Switching from 3M to Meguiar's - Rotary Buffer Questions?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

to mol. Read the above links and if you have any questions fire away.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');