• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirls and small scratches in new paint job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls and small scratches in new paint job...

Whats the best way to get them out? My paint hasnt even been waxed yet but has been wiped down when dusty and put through a car wash when I was deployed. It's PPG black and I want it to get back to the show quality shine it had six months ago after it was painted. What would you guys use? I have every Meguiars product I know of.

Re: Swirls and small scratches in new paint job...

Hi Clint,

welcome to Meguiar's Online!

If you have a black car and you really like it and you really want it to look it's best all of the time then we would strongly recommend you invest in a dual action polisher to enable you to remove the swirls and scratches easier, faster and more effectively than trying to do this by hand.

Here's something we posted at least twice today that you can follow to remove the swirls by hand.

Even though the title of this thread means the article is about removing swirls, even if you don't have swirls, if you are going to work by hand then the below thread contains an outline for,
    • The products to use
    • The order to use them
    • The techniques or "how-to" for applying them

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');