• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfa Romeo Milano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo Milano

Hey All,

Nice little Alfa Romeo Milano today!

Indoor kept and hasn't been on the road in over a year, but the owner is finally ready to bring it out again! It had been repainted last year, but overall, it was just dusty and a little flat in shine!

So, I hit the kit and pulled out some of the following and completed as listed below:

Meguiars QD Whole Car

Clayed the Whole Car (It was rather contaminated for a new paint job???)

Poorboy's SSR 2.0 (Only Non Meguiar's Product Used) Used Lake Country Polishing Pad On PC @ Speed 4.0

Meguiar's #7 with Meguiar's Finishing Pad On PC at Speed 2.5

Topped Off with Meguiar's Gold Class with Meguiar's Finishing Pad on PC at Speed 3.0

Buffed Off By Hand!

Sorry for the picture quality! My camera lacks the ability to get a good shot in low light situations, and with the flash on, it just washes out the pictures! But you get the idea:

The owner was elated and has booked me for four more of his cars!
    My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Nice Job.

Where did you buy your PC? I can't find it in Toronto here.

Comment

I need some new smiles for you.
      my camera does the same thing, try holding your figer in front of, but a couple inches from the falsh bulb itsself. just becarful to not get it in the lens. when I do this it allows for enough light to help but not blind it.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

C32 AMG,

Thanks for the comments!

I bought my PC 7424 at of all places...Canadian Tire!

It was in the Auto Care Products Aisle!

Be warned..it's not cheap in CDN Dollars....Cost me $305.87 Taxes Included in that price!

Oh...but is is sooooo worth it!

It came with a Polishing Pad and the #5 counterbalance weight!

Then I contacted Premium Auto Care (Online) and bought the Meg's Pad kit (MEG-FPAK) which came with a velcro backing plate, and 1 Maroon Cutting Pad, 1 Yellow Polishing Pad, and 1 Finishing Pad!

Of course...I now buy the pad's and products through Meguiar's Canada at 1-800-278-4559

You could get a PC through them as well! Not sure of the price?? Model # is G-100

They are located at:

6175 Danville Road
        Mississauga, On
        L5T 2H7

Ask for Jennifer! She will be glad to help you!
        My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Hey 2000,

Thanks for the prop's and the camera tip!

Cool!

Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by f1guy68
            C32 AMG,

I bought my PC 7424 at of all places...Canadian Tire!

It was in the Auto Care Products Aisle!

Be warned..it's not cheap in CDN Dollars....Cost me $305.87 Taxes Included in that price!

Thanks,

Are you talking about the PC costs $239 in Canadian Tire? I checked the website and they used a different model no.

Did you try NXT? They are so good.

Comment

C32 AMG,

Yes...it's probably the same model!

I think the base price was $239.00 and then with taxes it was $305.00

This is the unit! The no. you see is Canadian Tire's Item#

PC 7424

As for NXT....I use it all the time! Read about one car I used it on here:

NXT On White

Hehehehe

Comment

Cool car. By the way you used two non-meguiars products.

Eric
                Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Thanks Teak,

By the way you used two non-meguiars products.
                  I stand corrected! (in my orthopedic shoes)....lol

Hehehehe

Comment

Hey,

Great job on the car!!!

As for the camera, do you have any priority settings on it, or flash compensation settings? If so, place the camera in the Priority setting "P", and move the flash scale to -1 or -2. Then try it. The camera should increase the ISO on its own (when in the "P" mode), and the flash will lose a bit of intensity.

If that does not do it, take a plastic milk jug and cut a piece of plastic about the size of the flash. Then cover the flash with it. It will act as a diffuser.

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Tim!

Thanks for the prop's and camera info!

My camera is very basic, so I will try the milk jug tip!

Geez...not only can you guys detail, you can take a pretty picture too!

Hehehehe

Comment

theres a 101 uses for plastic!
                        I'll have to try that as well.
                        2019 GMC Sierra
                        1500 AT4

Comment

Wow, so, this site has taught me how to better detail my car, AND how to take better pictures, how cool is that?

Comment

I think this group has all the "details" in just about everything!

This is a great thing!

Hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');