• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one works tougher #80 and ScratchX, hand application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one works tougher #80 and ScratchX, hand application

Okay, as above post. The condition is hand application.
    My thought is there similar strength but I want to check.

Also quick detailer which is the cleaner/wax has 4/10 rating which
    is as strong as #80. Am I gonna have same result as #80 if I use it by hand?
    Started back in 2006 reading Mike. P posts and practiced on customers' cars, ended up writing a book, see merawat mobil, Fast forward 2014 established toko salon mobil online (online shop) to cater for car care enthusiasts and local car detailers.

Re: Which one works tougher #80 and ScratchX, hand application

Maybe someone else will chime in with their experience, we personally don't have the answer because we have the ability to choose ScratchX when working by hand and M80 when working by machine.

So while they can both be used by hand and/or machine, ScratchX has it's roots in being developed specifically for removing below surface defects, (removing paint), by hand where as M80 was originally formulated to be used with a wool pad on a rotary buffer to enable production detailers to quickly shine up a car before going across the auction blocks.

Remember in order to do a fair comparison all variables must be kept as close to the same as possible. Same applicator material, same pressure, same amount of application time, same paint job, etc.

If you try both, post your feedback here.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Which one works tougher #80 and ScratchX, hand application

I prefer #80 by hand to Scratch X. It takes fewer applications plus you get the cleaning and polishing step all in one! You can use it by machine, and also use it by hand to get at the tighter spaces where a PC cannot be used.

You may want to check and see if Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (MPPC) is available in Indonesia. It does have diminishing abrasives along with chemical cleaners and does an excellent job by hand! It is no longer manufactured but you may be able to find it at a distributor.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');