• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 Bronco makeover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 93 Bronco makeover...

Tom, that is an amazing story.. Your pics are truly inspiring and I will be doing some detailing on my own daily drivers this weekend because of your post.. Thanks for the inspiration
    Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Tom, you can be assured he got much more for trade in after you worked your magic. If he would have showed up with it looking like it did, they wouldn't have batted an eye at it. However, since your detail, I'm sure they were going crazy over it because I know I was after looking at the pictures.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

All I can say is amazing.

Comment

hi tom weed, like every body else great detail. don't you just love SS paint?that's one of the best before/after pics if not the best. do have a question for you though, i've got same problem on a ranger that i just got a couple months ago, on the driver side front fender-door has clearcoat over SS plus the splash decal. what problems did you run into if any?also it's black. i ask on the forum,but no replys. i tryed to put the pics up but could not don't know what i'm doing wrong ,anyways just asking haven't started on yet. again great before/after pics...DANIEL
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Thanks again guys!

Stang_krazy: I'm not sure what you mean about clear coat over single stage paint. On that Bronco, it had several sections that were bc/cc due to body work it had over it's life span and they didn't use ss paint when they resprayed it. On the original sections it was ss factory paint which when that oxidizes, you remove dead paint and it makes a noticeable difference. On the sections that have cc, if you have oxidation under that, then I'm not sure there's anything you can do, seeing that you would need to remove the clear to get down to the bc and that wouldn't be good. Did that answer your question?

Tom

Comment

I LOVE full-size Broncos. My boss always had one years ago when I was in college & I drove his a LOT. He had a '78, then an '84. Unfortunately, I wrecked the '84 (minor fender bender) but we still remain friends to this day (over 20 years later).

I still troll the For Sale ads in search of a well-maintained '89-'96 5.8L Bronco (with less than 150k miles) that needs a little "lipstick & rouge".

Nice work...
              R. Smith
              Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');