• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Flagship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Flagship?

I just ordered some Marine Flagship #M-6316. My white SeaRay is in pretty good shape (really good shape) -- no oxidation, grung, etc. I have previously used Meguiar's consumer cleaner/wax twice a season. (It's only a boat!) The boat is trailered and spends most of it's time in the garage.

Any tips for using Marine Flagship?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I used Flagship on my Milk Truck all the time, seemed to really work great on the yellow single stage finish. Basically use it like any Meguiar's wax, that is to apply a thin coat, working the product in well, then allow 10 - 15 minutes for it to dry to a haze, then remove with a premium microfiber polishing cloth or 100% cotton terry cloth towels.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That is such a cool truck!
      Take care,

Brian Angelucci
      Precision Auto & Marine
      Hamilton, New Jersey
      Visit us online: www.precision-online.com

"Detailing isn't just a luxury, it's a necessity"

Comment

Actuallu the Flagship was a let down for me. After one trip I could clearly see it washed away and my black gel coat faided.
        Nothing seems to hold out as well as doing a 2 step polish then wax.
        HammerDown

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
          Nothing seems to hold out as well as doing a 2 step polish then wax.
          Please tell us a little more about the general condition of your boat, such as age and how often it is cleaned, polished and waxed. Also, what's the two step polish you are using? and what's the wax?
          FRANK CANNA
          Mirror Finish Detailing
          23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

My boats a 1983 Eliminator Daytona w/ a 7 color gel fade, guite spectacular work Eliminator did back then. When I 1'st got it about 7 years ago I cut it with micro fine paper(wet) and tryed the 3 step Marine box restore system(restore,polish,Wax) and got very good results. I did have to sand it 1'st however.
            When the Flagship wax first came out I purchased it thinking it would be perefect for my gel colors and save me the extra step of polishing (not so), but as I stated before it failed in just a few hours mostly where water hit it. Also the Meguiars Boat wax from the 3step box didn't last that long.
            By far the best thing I've been using and I've tryed several products is the 3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax (not a true wax but an acrylic) with strong UV protection. I've also been using some left over Meguiars #45 Boat and RV Polish that seems to do pretty good job job of bringing the colors back. BUT I'm going to try 3M Marine Finesse-it 2 Polish as I've herd awsome reports about it.
            The boat is only in the sun when in use and with all the rain in my area that isn't to often. With the 3M Ultra Wax and how I belive it locks in the polish above and below the water line I only need to 2 step it twice a season vs every time I used the boat with Meguiars. The boat is always clean and only used in fresh water...never brackish or salt.
            Last edited by HammerDown; Jul 28, 2004, 08:21 PM.
            HammerDown

Comment

HammerDown

3M is by far the best company to use products from when it comes to boat care products. Nothing negative to or about Meguiars -- I love Meguairs but 3M tops the industry in terms of boating care. But for 3M, don't fall for the ****** -- it's just a gimmick. ****** only works when baked onto a surface, not polished on. It's just for pots and pans, not boats.

I did, however, stay loyal, supported and used most of my entire line of products from Dolphinite -- they were my favorite. Too bad they went out of business due to a civil lawsuit for their Go Fast bottom paint.

But now I'm all 3M and Mary Kate (CRC Industries) but will begin to add in Collinite for the newer condition boats.
              Take care,

Brian Angelucci
              Precision Auto & Marine
              Hamilton, New Jersey
              Visit us online: www.precision-online.com

"Detailing isn't just a luxury, it's a necessity"

Comment

Tom,

Since you mentioned that your boat is more than twenty years old and that you've actually had to wet sand the gel coat, you shouldn't be surprised to find the oxidation re-appearing. That condition has more to do with the aged condition of the gel coat rather than the products you are using.

In summary, I have found that, based on my own experience, Meguiar's boat care products will either meet or exceed all of your product performance requirements.
                FRANK CANNA
                Mirror Finish Detailing
                23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');