• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zymol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zymol

has anyone ever used zymol. does anyone know much about zymol.my friend today showed me there website. i believe he is changing to them instead of meguiars. i checked them out my self and they r extremely fancy and expensive. there most expensive wax is 7000 dollars. there wax is supposedly concrete hard and is the best in the world. i have walked by the polish in stores it was kinda cheap and rated number 1 but never thought anything of it becuase i mean they all say most pure carnuba from brazil. wat do u all think

-maybe meguiars should have combine with these people or something
    - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Re: zymol

Meguiars also offer high quality carnauba from brazil (i think). its just not in such high concentrations. zymol waxes contain about an average of 50% carnuba by volume. Meguiars offers great products for the money. You cant compare a 1,000,000 Bugatti veyron to a 50,000$ BMW M3. If your willing to pay a few hundred dollars for zymol wax, your going to get a better product, but your also going to get a nice hole in your wallet evry time you wax your car. Meguiars is the best car care company for the average joe, or even a pro. But when you own a 1,000,000$ car you wont mind spending a few hundred or more on the best wax. Basically if you have a 10$ budget to make a wax you cant make a better wax then a wax that costs a few hundred to produce. Plain and simple no way to argue it. I'll give you 1000$ to make a car and i will spend 1,000,000 and make a car, who would win in a race(if both drives have equal skill).

Comment

We would put Gold Class, NXT or M26 up against anything by Zymol in a side-by-side demonstration on the hood of a black car equally prepped for application of wax.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey mike, no offense but you cant compare a 400$ wax to a 15$ wax. Just my opinion. Although i admire your devotion for meguiars and that you are not affraid to put meguiars products up against another company, that is what makes meguiars so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
          Hey mike, no offense but you cant compare a 400$ wax to a 15$ wax. Just my opinion. Although i admire your devotion for meguiars and that you are not affraid to put meguiars products up against another company, that is what makes meguiars so great.

You go buy the $400.00 wax and I'll bring the $15.00 wax
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I still think #21 is the best. Synthetic is the way to topped with a nice wax like #26. It would hold up just as well as a $400 wax. Think of it this way. They both protect right? Why not buy 20 bottles of like NXT and just apply that all over your car. Same price as your $400 wax. How can you beat over 40 layers of one brand for the same price of one layer of another?
            2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
            2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
            1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

hahaha. I dont plan on spending more then 40-100$ on wax. Oh, and Mayur, you cant put on 40 layers of wax on your paint. Your paint can only hold so much wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                You go buy theh $400.00 wax and I'll bring the $15.00 wax
                thank u mike thank. me and mike will protect cover on meguiars while thejoyofdriving get the 7000 dollar wax.
                - INKO'S

Comment

hahaha. I dont plan on spending more then 40-100$ on wax. Oh, and Mayur, you cant put on 40 layers of wax on your paint. Your paint can only hold so much wax.
                  Hahaa, i quoted myself. read it again please, dmopar

Comment

I learned from an old school hot rodder the golden rule of shine: THE most important thing is the "prep work". A cleaned paint free of impurities, polished meticulously like a fine jewel and sealed with a good quality protectant, in that era wax, will yield the results you are looking for. (The advances in synthetic polymers now offer the best protection of chemisty). He and all his friends exclusively used Meguairs.

You can put any quality wax on top of a prepped surface and it will look spectacular; conversely, you can put a million dollar wax on a poorly prepped surface and it will simply not compare. All things equal, if one can tell the difference in a mega-buck wax next to Meguairs #26 say, the nuances at best will not justify the cost differential. The law of diminishing return on investment takes precedence.

I have found the most compelling reasons to use Meguairs is longevity in the industry, the dominance of concourse winners and the cost-effective performance-proven products in the professional and detailer lines. Use the clay, cleaner, polish and sealants/waxes and you will have a million dollar shine.

In fact, I just returned to the hobby and learned of claying on this forum. I was simply stunned at the transformation of the surface. I cleaned, polished and sealed the work with NXT and my silver Yaris looks like that: SILVER. I graduated to the professional line for the cost benefit.

Hope that helps and regards...

Here is a larger pic of the Yaris. I took it back to the dealership and all the sales people and customers came directly to the car like a magnet. I parked next to another one that was brand new and there was NO comparison.

Last edited by keesue; Mar 27, 2007, 06:56 PM. Reason: Adding a pic
                    2007 Toyota Yaris
                    2001 Volvo S60 T5
                    1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

if this stuff is supposedly concrete hard, y does it only last 6 months. u know i wouldnt mind bying this stuff if it were cheaper. but i mean come on, using wax applyed only by hand becuase of heat needed, this stuff is crazy. yo mike u gotta check this website out lol. seriously though, megiuars could use the technology used by them and have our prices combined. it would make the ultimate wax. this would be like car dealers combining. wat do u think mike.

- and i really want to see that zymol tested next to one of ur waxs on a video. it should also test how long it will last.
                      - INKO'S

Comment

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
                        if this stuff is supposedly concrete hard, y does it only last 6 months. u know i wouldnt mind bying this stuff if it were cheaper. but i mean come on, using wax applyed only by hand becuase of heat needed, this stuff is crazy. yo mike u gotta check this website out lol. seriously though, megiuars could use the technology used by them and have our prices combined. it would make the ultimate wax. this would be like car dealers combining. wat do u think mike.

- and i really want to see that zymol tested next to one of ur waxs on a video. it should also test how long it will last.
                        Totally agree!!! I can make Meguiars wax "last" 6 months too and save $7000!!
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          We would put Gold Class, NXT or M26 up against anything by Zymol in a side-by-side demonstration on the hood of a black car equally prepped for application of wax.
                          That's devotion to Meguiars right there
                          Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                          ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                          (269)650-2242

Comment

I am sure Zymol is a good wax but IMO, there is never a need to spend that much on a wax even if you own a million dollar car. Sure you probably can 'waste' the money if you have a million dollar car, (don't think I will ever know). I know I get GREAT results from Meguiars products time an time again and doesn't cost all that much, well unless you keep enough products on hand to supply a small store.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hahaa, i quoted myself. read it again please, dmopar
                              hahah. o and if ur plan on buying this stuff ur going to eventually spend more then 100.
                              - INKO'S

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');