• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zymol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zymol

Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
    How many people have actually tried one of the higher end waxes here???

And you also have to take into account that tastes vary (it's what makes us human).

When it comes to prep I find myself going back to M83 & M80 everytime as they fantastic products.

For me though it depends on the paint type, metallics and I will 99% of the time go for a sealant.
    But solid colours and for me it has to be Zymol Concours, it's fantastically durable (better than M16).

And iirc didnt Meguiars used to make Zymol Carbon for them??

For those interested I live up the road from Zymol's European director and hooked up with him to detail my girlfriends MX5/Miata.
    And we made this little video of how to apply Concours:

And a couple of piccies

wiat so i going with zymol on solid colors?
    - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
      wiat so i going with zymol on solid colors?
      I presume you mean 'why only use it on solid colours'?

Basically because since trying the Jeffs Werkstatt stuff on metallics and how well it makes the flake pop, not much has come close.

I've never witnessed nubas mute the flake though, but the Jeffs Acrylic adds something to the flake and really brings it alive.

Although I've recently seen a blue Audi RS4 that had the Zaino system on one half of the car and Zymol Vintage (not so much the low end stuff like Carbon and Japon/NSX, they're more like Fiat )

Comment

?
        - INKO'S

Comment

Hi Guys and Girls,

Some interesting reading here, but one question to you all, are Zymol charging detailers over there

Comment

Originally posted by Miracle View Post
            Hi Guys and Girls,

Some interesting reading here, but one question to you all, are Zymol charging detailers over there
            I think one dealership told me $1700, but I am not sure if he was joking.
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I think you'll find the US guys dont get ripped off quite as much as we do in the UK

Just for fun, did you guys know that Royale isnt the most expensive wax they do?

Heres what $10-13k looks like:

It stands around 2-3 foot high, the lid has lenses in that use daylighgt to warm up the wax and iirc you get the list of ingrediants and have it made to your exact spec.
              Despite the (stupidly expensive) price, it'd look pretty cool in the fridge, kinda like that scene from Ghostbusters where Zool is in the fridge

Comment

What are olive, coconut, evergreen, and all those other oils doing in there? It's car wax, not food! I get the impression that they put those things in more because it makes it sound exotic and superior, than because they actually make it protect better. JMO

What does IIRC stand for? I'm still perplexed!
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
                  What are olive, coconut, evergreen, and all those other oils doing in there? It's car wax, not food! I get the impression that they put those things in more because it makes it sound exotic and superior, than because they actually make it protect better. JMO
                  I've actually been really impressed by the durability of Concours and it seems that the car has been cleaner than when I had Acrylic sealants on it.

Being a little eco-friendly, it's nice to know theres natural stuff in there, where-as Megs M16 smells of petrol.

What does IIRC stand for? I'm still perplexed!
                  If I Recall/Remember Correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
                    I've actually been really impressed by the durability of Concours and it seems that the car has been cleaner than when I had Acrylic sealants on it.

Being a little eco-friendly, it's nice to know theres natural stuff in there, where-as Megs M16 smells of petrol.

If I Recall/Remember Correctly
                    I don't notice a petrol smell in #16. I smell crayons.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

meguiars should try to use more natural products but only if they will keep the meguiars care
                      - INKO'S

Comment

I think it is time for MEGUIAR' to come out with there high end big daddy barry wax long over due..........

Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.P.E.R View Post
                          I think it is time for MEGUIAR' to come out with there high end big daddy barry wax long over due..........

They already do, but just don't attach the high-end big-daddy price tag

If you ever get a chance to do a side by side comparison between the 'exotic waxes' and any Meguiar's wax, you will easily see that the Meguiar's wax will be just as good, if not better.

Comment

I tried their "consumer" wax many many years ago. I did not like it at all. Application and removal was no fun.
                            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Sorry there wolf disagree they have been in the game for some time now and it is not about the price i love megs' to the end use it on a ton of classic car guys' i do at the oldies' car shows' but to compare and be honest i have done my own compareing any wax they sell will not compare with the higher end wax zymol has this is just my opinion so don't get your panties up in a bunch i would love to see them come out with a smooth 35-55% carnuba wax like i said it is not about the price they don't have to put a 2000.00 or 8000.00 dollar tag on it maybe they could do it for way way less i heard talks' about it along time ago but have not seen anything yet but i'm hopeing
                              Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.P.E.R View Post
                                Sorry there wolf disagree they have been in the game for some time now and it is not about the price i love megs' to the end use it on a ton of classic car guys' i do at the oldies' car shows' but to compare and be honest i have done my own compareing any wax they sell will not compare with the higher end wax zymol has this is just my opinion so don't get your panties up in a bunch i would love to see them come out with a smooth 35-55% carnuba wax like i said it is not about the price they don't have to put a 2000.00 or 8000.00 dollar tag on it maybe they could do it for way way less i heard talks' about it along time ago but have not seen anything yet but i'm hopeing
                                Honestly I hardly understood a word you said. I am not saying this to be mean, but it helps to punctuate your posts so that others won't simply bypass looking at it all together, meaning your post will be read in its entirety.

I'm with Mike on this one though; You bring the $400/$2000 wax, and I will bring my $15 wax

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');