• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zymol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zymol

Prep is the most important key. You can buy 30k Zymol Solaris, and someone will buy turlte wax and might still outshine you. Once again - prep is the key. Prep it by washing, claying, polishing (2-3 stp is the best), glazing, and then wax.

Comment

Well read slow wolf you might get it all in if you don't like the way i write don't read it

As for your bring 15.00 wax to the 2000.00 table don't waste your gas money your lose everytime

Now maybe with the 15.00 to the 400.00 yes i agree you won't see must differ from one to the other but it is not really the wax that does' the shine as much as the work behind it
      Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged View Post
        Prep is the most important key. You can buy 30k Zymol Solaris, and someone will buy turlte wax and might still outshine you. Once again - prep is the key. Prep it by washing, claying, polishing (2-3 stp is the best), glazing, and then wax.
        You got it! Prep work is EVERYTHING in not only auto detailing, but life!

I've actually really grown to love Meguiar's cleaner waxes on my daily driver. Started it a bit ago and it just makes perfect sense on the DD since it will always get bird stains/water etchings. Get rid of those imperfections while waxing the car, and bam, I'm done! I love it!

FYI: The consumer cleaner wax smells SOOOOO good!

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.P.E.R View Post
          Well read slow wolf you might get it all in if you don't like the way i write don't read it

As for your bring 15.00 wax to the 2000.00 table don't waste your gas money your lose everytime

Now maybe with the 15.00 to the 400.00 yes i agree you won't see must differ from one to the other but it is not really the wax that does' the shine as much as the work behind it
          I'm glad you found something you like, and I am not here to argue, only help out.

What I will say about Zymol waxes is that it is fun to wax by bare hands every once in awhile. It is so calming and relaxing that I will sometimes find myself doing it just for the heck of it, even with some waxes you may not think of like Meguiar's liquid waxes or even that gel-like paste wax Turtle Wax sells at Wal-Mart. You know, that really cheap one you see everywhere. Fun stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post

I've actually really grown to love Meguiar's cleaner waxes on my daily driver. Started it a bit ago and it just makes perfect sense on the DD since it will always get bird stains/water etchings. Get rid of those imperfections while waxing the car, and bam, I'm done! I love it!

yep, especially paste!

Comment

may I ask, if you don't mind, how many $2k (or higher) waxes do you have in your arsenal? Perhaps Swissvax devide, Zymol Vintage, Royal, or maybe Solaris???
              If you that those waxes, you can always do a side by side test. Usually people that own an Ezno, or a Veyron purchase them for their vehicles, as purchasing one of the most expensive cars, makes them wanna purchase one of the most expensive waxes, just because the want the very best and the very expensivest.

Comment

I am with you. When a client request their products...our labor price doubles!

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                I tried their "consumer" wax many many years ago. I did not like it at all. Application and removal was no fun.
                Renny Doyle
                Attention To Details
                "Detailers of Air Force One"
                www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post

Another one... me, too. Once the surface is maximized, it doesn't make sense to go over it again and again, removing paint (the best barrier for your car). Wax it with the cleaner wax, which controls swirls and reduces the number of touches by 67%, compared to the 3 step!

Price creates an exclusivity and a mystique, but price and quality are not necessarily related in any way, not linearly or otherwise. Ask anyone who has priced high end audio interconnects. The mind tells you that they have to be better because they cost so much more.... but the mind lies. I've gone as far up the wax ladder as the Concours, but I've walked the audio lunacy for a long time. I've sat and listened as people have expounded on magic bricks, Shun Mook pucks, ebony wall spots, $20000 meter long interconnects, and the like; the rationale is always that the rest of my equipment isn't good enough for me to hear the difference that these esoteric devices impart. And now, I'm being informed that I need a $250,000 car to see the difference that a $2000 wax can make!

These are cleaning products, people. It is fun, and paint correction takes some skill (and sometimes a LOT of skill), but this is janitorial work for cars. Shoot, man. I bet I could sell those folks some $4000 floor wax for their kitchen floors. It needs to be applied by hand, though; $200/hr, 8 hours min, but wait until you see the difference!

It's a vanity product. Nothing wrong with that, it's a vanity market, and it will be served by someone, and it should be. But the price creates the quality and the vanity, not the other way around.
                  As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    Heres my .02. When i was younger I bought a brand new truck. I decided Since it was new Only the "best' for my baby. At the time the consumer Zymol was around $14.00 dollars. I bought it. Followed all their suggestions, applied the wax and was I proud. For about 2 weeks. Then as other posters have said, The beading and gloss was gone. Needed to re-apply. ok maybe I did something wrong. Redid the wax, same results. Now I was disgusted, went back to buying whatever brand struck my fancy, until a friend suggested maguiars. Thatr was 9/05. Now its maguairs or nothing. Why? price, proformance, duability, and the ability to get answers on this forum from people you trust. So in my opinion, you don't always get what you pay for. Sometimes less is more. Sorry for the lenghty post.
                    I haven't read the thread all the way through so excuse me if this has already been posted.

It helps to know a little bit about the product. Zymol, as it were, does not make any consumer wax. In fact, they are owned by a company called, wait for it, Turtle Wax. TW thought it would be a great to use the Zymol name for their own products and charge a premium price for them. It has really worked. People will pay $80 for Zymol Titanium and it is just a relabeled and rebottled Turtle Wax.

The only waxes that Zymol itself produces are the Estate Glazes. These include Vintage, Royale, Solaris, and a few others.
                    We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

• Re: zymol

Originally posted by supercharged View Post
                      may I ask, if you don't mind, how many $2k (or higher) waxes do you have in your arsenal? Perhaps Swissvax devide, Zymol Vintage, Royal, or maybe Solaris???
                      If you that those waxes, you can always do a side by side test. Usually people that own an Ezno, or a Veyron purchase them for their vehicles, as purchasing one of the most expensive cars, makes them wanna purchase one of the most expensive waxes, just because the want the very best and the very expensivest.
                      I use many waxes depending on the car an customer as for the ones' you speak of yes zymol vintage and royale swissvax devine and the crystal from paul d who by the way just went to kuiwatt and is doing a 18,000.00 detail unreal what people will spend cash on lol an i don't use the solaris not yet not lucky enough
                      Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
                        I haven't read the thread all the way through so excuse me if this has already been posted.

It helps to know a little bit about the product. Zymol, as it were, does not make any consumer wax. In fact, they are owned by a company called, wait for it, Turtle Wax. TW thought it would be a great to use the Zymol name for their own products and charge a premium price for them. It has really worked. People will pay $80 for Zymol Titanium and it is just a relabeled and rebottled Turtle Wax.

The only waxes that Zymol itself produces are the Estate Glazes. These include Vintage, Royale, Solaris, and a few others.
                        Well hate to bust your bubble but get your facts' straight before you open the can zymol owns' and makes' all the high end not consumer waxes' as for them they have a consumer line it is the wax/cleaner which everyone knows' as tw turtlewax in all the stores' but so far has not been provin to my knowledge they own tw but the way companies' merge who knows'

Comment

It's just about impossible to tell the difference in a photograph. In person, you may.
                          We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
                            It's just about impossible to tell the difference in a photograph. In person, you may.
                            Now this i agree 1000000000000% pic's are great but to tell real detail you have to be in-person

Comment

I use many waxes depending on the car an customer as for the ones' you speak of yes zymol vintage and royale swissvax devine and the crystal from paul d who by the way just went to kuiwatt and is doing a 18,000.00 detail unreal what people will spend cash on lol an i don't use the solaris not yet not lucky enough
                              How can you have Crystal from Paul, when it's not even for sale yet...
                              hmmmm....

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh our secret

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');