• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account recreated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account recreated?

I haven't been online here in a long time, but I received an email today and I'm pasting the whole thing as follows (editting the information for password of course):

==============

karugs,

You have created a new account at Meguiar's Online, and may login.

Your username is:

Username: karugs
    Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx

To login, please visit:

After logging in you can change your password here:

Thanks,
    Meguiar's Online team

============================

I never changed my password and have never visited the site in a month as far as I can remember. Is somebody trying to hack into my account? I logged in with the password that I know I used, and I got in first time. I tried clicking on the site (first site) and Yahoo did not want me to enter it and gave a stern warning so I backed off, just typing the address here and logging on as usual instead.

I can PM the admin or moderators the whole email with full headers to verify this if you want me to. I'm just lost as to why this happened, if it's a hoax/spam, or if somebody tried to hack into my account.

Thanks.

Re: Account recreated?

Just a glitch in the system. Everything is fine.

Read post #14 and #19 in this thread... http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19635
    Scott

Comment

Re: Account recreated?

Thanks, really appreciate the quick reply!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');