• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would happen

what would happen if I used a 6 inch backing plate instead of the 5 inch

Re: what would happen

a 6 inch backing plate on a 6.5 pad just doesn't leave you much room along the edges. you just got to be more careful that the backing plate doens't touch the car.

Comment

Originally posted by n2orbit View Post
      what would happen if I used a 6 inch backing plate instead of the 5 inch
      Joe aka Superiorshine uses this combination, you do have to be careful of the edge of the backing plate and don't get it near anything that could be scratched or damaged.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ill stick with the 5 inch, thnx

Comment

My 6 inch plate has a rubber edge. If it does come in contact with any part of the vehicle it wil lnot damage it.

A six inch backing gives me more support out to the end of the pad and my pads last longer.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
            My 6 inch plate has a rubber edge. If it does come in contact with any part of the vehicle it wil lnot damage it.

A six inch backing gives me more support out to the end of the pad and my pads last longer.
            And there you go...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');