• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 detailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 detailed

Well, I finally got to detail one of my favorite cars so thought I'd post a little before/after.

Client is a friend of mine who wanted the car done before HIN, here in Chicago.

I spent the first half hour or so admiring the car haha.

I used Meguiar's Gold Class Car wash and a waffle towel to dry it after.
    Wheels were cleaned with P21S/water before washing
    Before drying, I clayed the hood, roof, and fenders.
    As you can see in the pics, the car was swirled BADLY, and it also had some holograms, I think from a previous rotary job.
    After clay, I tried out a few different polishes on the hood to see what would work out best, and Optimum Polish with white LC pad was without a doubt the one... took out pretty much all the swirls and most of the holograms with 1-2 passes @ 1200-1400. Few deeper scratches were left over, but looked much better than before.
    After polishing, the Porsche got Natty's Blue paste wax, which gave it a really nice depth and shine.

Nothing special on the interior...
    Lexol Cleaner and conditioner on the leather (seats, shifter/ebrake, steering wheel, etc.)
    Stoner's for all glass (roll cage + porsche rear window cleaning do not mix well at all, especially if you're 6'2" )
    Turtle wax shine protectant for dash and door panels
    vacuumed everything

Hope I didn't forget anything

On to the pics:
    Few before shots:

Afters:

While the last pic is just pure ***, I think the lamp, pic 3, is awsome.

All in all a great time and I hope Mo was as happy as I was with the outcome

-Ivan
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Re: 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 detailed

Great job, beautiful car! I want one!

Comment

That car is on the list as one of my "dream cars". Good job, great photos and why don't you just bring that car by my place so that I could..uh....look at it.

Comment

Excellent job,great reult the car looks hot.
        Dave

Comment

Wow!! That black looks beautiful!

Comment

good job , bro!

Comment

Sexy.
              A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Car looks great. Good job.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice vehicle but the detail fell short. Maybe it is just me but to my eyes you fell short.

Don't settle for the milky haze left on the finish. I try to bring out a crisp (for lack of a better word) bright brilliant shine.

If you would have followed a proven system.
                  Here a pic of what I mean.

Your car -

Mine -
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Great Job on the Porsche!
                    SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                      Nice vehicle but the detail fell short. Maybe it is just me but to my eyes you fell short.

Don't settle for the milky haze left on the finish. I try to bring out a crisp (for lack of a better word) bright brilliant shine.

Your car -

Mine -
                      That is just Awesome Joe! I guess Its really hard to keep up to your standards.
                      SYDSTER

Comment

Joe's work is always stunning.

Comment

What was used to give that Bimmer the crisp look? Which product could be used by hand?

Comment

Your car -

Mine -

Joe,

Could you explain what may have caused this condition and what to do about making it better?

I'd like to know so I can avoid doing it to any of my rides.

Thanks.
                            It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Joe, you've proven to be a great, probably one of the best detailers, and while I really look up to you for advice, etc... I would have to disagree with you here partially... and my disagreement is completely unbiased, meaning I'll pretend for a minute I didn't do the porsche...

The "partially" part is because of the fact that I am sure the BMW came out better than the Porsche... simply due to lack of experience in the field and with different products on my part.

Now... if you look at any of my whole car photos of that porsche, you will see they are not milky and somewhat compare to the BMW... add in a horrible day compared to a nice sunny day which makes the shine really pop, plus maybe a better camera and there's your comparison....
                              I would need to see a photo in the same/similar place on the same overcast/gloomy day and a reflection shot off the door to see the difference in paint... or of course on the other hand a photo of the porsche under your canopy in that lighting...

Again, like I said before, I'm sure the job you did on the BMW is better than mine on the Porsche, in person, but comparing photos online that have different settings/lighting, etc... isn't a good comparison.

I am anxiously awaiting a link to that detail you did (if there's a write up) or a list of the products/process here, because it looks amazing.

Thanks for the input though, and please answer the guy above, and me now haha, what would you do to correct the "falling short" in this case.

Thanks
                              Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                              Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');