• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having applied #66, will there be problems painting the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having applied #66, will there be problems painting the car?

I just bought a second hand Toyota Pick-Up and the first thing I did was giving it a good clean and polish (naturally). A few days later I thought a nice paint job on the top half of the car would look great.
    The question now is, having only used #66 as an LSP after buffing the car, will the silicon in the polish cause problems for the painter?

I am interested to hear your opinions.

Re: Having applied #66, will there be problems painting the car?

A body shop or any type of automotive painter should have no problems removing the silicones from the paint. They have specialized body solvents that should remove all silicones/waxes from the surface before painting. This is usually part of the prep stage.
    Ash Erickson
    Marine / RV Sales & Training Rep.
    Meguiar's Inc.
    800.854.8073 Ext. 165
    aserickson@meguiars.com

Comment

very much so..less you know how to abate a poly-silicone. If your a weekend painter..its gonna sux.......

Comment

Originally posted by limowill View Post
        very much so..less you know how to abate a poly-silicone. If your a weekend painter..its gonna sux.......
        If you would have read his post, (or at least understood it), then you would not have posted what you did. ANY professional body shop understands that most of the cars that come into their shop have probably had some kind of car wax or paint protectant applied to them and they properly prepare the surface for fresh paint, in most cases this will mean sanding the paint down and chemically cleaning it before any body work or paint is applied.

Most people in this industry know this.

Next time you join a forum, take a moment to read the forum rules and trying being polite.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');