• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medallion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medallion

I have been reading about this medallion paint protection. How good is this stuff? Is this a good stand alone wax or should one use the polymer sealant for example first and then the medallion? Is seems like thie medallion paint protection is the best wax meguiars makes but I don't ever hear anyone talking about them using it. Does anyone use it, if so do they use it alone or with something else? Thanks

I like it. It has some light cleaning ability which is good for daily driver type cars. It also has good durability, you could apply every season and be good to go. It doesn't bead that well, nor is it super slick. But you can tell it's on the paint as it does sheet/bead water in a telltale way.

It is mostly reflective/shiny, but does have nice gloss and depth. It's easy to apply and very easy to buff off. It's Meguiar's most expensive last-step product, though.

I like it, and it's the wax I recommend to family members and friends due to the ease of use, nice look, and durability. However I don't tend to use it much myself. What you need is the best product for you, though.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

The Medallion line is tough to beat...I've gotten good results with MPPP as a last step product.

Just be careful not to get any on your trim, as it might stain it.
      r. b.

Comment

I am a long time user of MPPP. It is an exlellent product with a great shine and great durability. I would ususally get 3-4 months out of a 2 coat application. IMHO it does not require a topper. It is a synthetic sealant with some TS polishing oils in it.

One of the great things about MPPP is its anti-static properties. If dust build up is an issue, you should definitely consider MPPP. If you top it with #26 then the anti-static property is lost.

I am in the process of doing a side by side comparison of NXT and MPPP. The MPPP is hanging right in there with the NXT in terms of durabililty. According to Meguiar's the NXT Tech Wax is now their most durable wax. NXT provides a shine that is a little bit deeper and mor reflective than MPPP but it is not a major difference. NXT does do a better job of filling in fine swirl marks.

NXT is easier to work with than MPPP. If you apply too heavy of a coat of MPPP, it will take a very long time to dry and will be very difficult to remove. An Ultimate Bonnet on a PC will take care of the hard to remove part though. I do not use MPPP when the ambient temp is below 50° because it takes way too long to dry. NXT will dry quickly than MPPP at colder temperatures. Even if you apply to heavy of a coat, it is still easy to remove. It does not have the anti-static properties of MPPP though.

I would recommend trying MPPP I think you will be very happy with it. It is hard to find locally. You will probably have to order direct or from one of the online detailing supply stores.

Hope this helps.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Good point about the anti-static properties RamAir, as I'd forgotten to mention it.

I've been on dirt roads before after applying MPPP, and the dust content wasn't that bad on the finish afterwards.
          r. b.

Comment

I found it at O'Rileys for $10.00, they aren't going to carry it any more. I can't wait to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by rdarwa
              I found it at O'Rileys for $10.00, they aren't going to carry it any more. I can't wait to try it!
              Sounds good to me.
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');