• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PC7424

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC7424

I am about to receive my first DA Polisher the PC 7424 with all sorts of pads and backing plates. THis is what I intend to use in order. If you all know of better products or steps please let me know.
    1. NXT Car wash
    2. Clay
    3. Sratch X
    4. #9 Swirl remover
    5. Deep Crystal Polish x2
    6. NXT Wax x2
    #4 - #6 will all be applied with the PC. I have been using this set-up since NXT came out and have had great results by hand. Now that I will have the PC I want to upgrade products if I need to. I dont care the amount of time it takes to get a nice finish. When I ordered some products recently I was informed by the Meguiars guys that this would be fine but I feel that Meguairs has more to offer with a DA Polisher then these products. I ask this forum for help since you all never fail to give the best advise from you all using the products. I have a dark grey car and a gold mini-van. I also plan to do some detailing on the side for some $$$ and eventualy open a shop.

Thank you all,
    Navydoc

Re: New PC7424

ALL THE BEST!!!

WELCOME TO MOL!!!

enjoy your new toy.

some reading links for you.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

[b][URL=http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1504][color=blue]How to locate Meguiar

Comment

Well, like anything, you can start off with the basics, and move into fancier products, etc as you use up your current ones.

You will definately want to look into some #80 Speed Glaze and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish if you are going to be doing a lot of work by PC. Those 2 products and a wax will get you through most situations.

Then you might even look into a cleaner/wax like #66 for those fast details that you will want/be asked to do.

And just to add, 2 coats of a pure polish isnt really nessacery. Wont hurt anything, but not needed.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just got my PC on monday cant wait to try it out. I ordered some 83, 80, and 26.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');