• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to clean cloth seats with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to clean cloth seats with?

hello,
    just bought a saturn that has been sitting for a while, it has cloth seats, they are dirty and need a good cleanin, just wondering what to use to get them good and clean?
    thanks

just bought a saturn that has been sitting for a while, it has cloth seats, they are dirty and need a good cleanin, just wondering what to use to get them good and clean?
    Meguiars makes a awesome carpet and interior cleaner! Use the carpet cleaner G-9416. I bought a used 4runner that had some spots in the seats. I didn't think it would get it out since it probably was on there for a long time. This stuff took all the spots out with no problem. I have never used anything like it.

Comment

Re: what to clean cloth seats with?

Originally posted by mopower440
      hello,
      thanks
      Hi mopower440...Welcome to MOL!

I agree with rdarwa about the carpet & upholstery cleaner...It's a great product.

You can spray it on and wipe it off with a damp rag, or you can saturate the product on a soft sponge and squeeze the sponge to make it foam up, and use the foam to do the cleaning with.

This method works well when using something like APC+ that has no foam head sprayer on the bottle.
      r. b.

Comment

I have heard woolite works well. But never tried it.
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

You could also use your favorite brand name upholstery cleaner. The kind that are either liquid or in a spray can. Just apply the cleaner and use a soft bristle nylon brush to clean away the dirt. Always a good idea to vacuum thoroughly after cleaning.
          FRANK CANNA
          Mirror Finish Detailing
          23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

If the seats are that BAD you would need a hot water extractor, Take it to a professional detailer and have the seats cleaned then you can maintain yourself after that. Thats solution to your problem good luck
            Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');