• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time

Got my Rotary Buffer in I'm headed to the bodyshop to pick up some fenders to experiment on, and here are the results....after only an hour of buffing.

before:

AFTER (rotate 90 deg)
    -used 2 passes of Megs #83 on a yellow Meg's pad

before:

AFTER
    -with 3 passes (burgundy megs pad with 83, yellow megs pad with 83, yellow megs pad with 80)

before:

AFTER
    -2 passes of just #80 on a yellow pad

*poor repaint job on that last fender*

Good results, but I will get better. I am reasonably happy with good results on my first time on the rotary.

Re: first time

It will be even easier when you're working on a panel that's not all dented up!

Remember to clean you pads often as in after every application of product or every other application of product. Re-fresh your pad by cleaning it or switching to a new pad/clean dry used pad.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah, with all the dents, it kept grabbing and pulling away from me a little. On a smooth panel it will be much smoother.

So i need to clean the pad every time i dab a little more product on it?

Comment

Looks like your doing pretty darn good.

I tried to get some panels from the junk yard, but they want $120 per panel, even for the bad ones. I want to go to a local shop that puts in sunroofs this spring and see if I can get the blanks they cut out. I figure they just throw that part away. I will have to hit up a body shop too. Did they charge you for them?
        Scott

Comment

Well the body shops have to pay to have the junk panels hauled away, so they are happy to let you take them. I also know the owner, so that may have made it easier too. But it should be easy to get some.

Comment

Looks like your getting the hang of the rotary pretty quickly. Keep on practicing and you will be ready to try your skills on your own vehicle.good luck.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

clean your pads when they get dirty. sometimes you'll be working and it'll be to wet from all the product and that the time when you need a new dry one.

but when you're pad is getting dirty (product build-up) or you're going from car to car - panel to panel - clean in between each use.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');