• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decals on or off of vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decals on or off of vehicle

How many people like to have decals on or off there vehicle?
    Decals on
    19.73%
    Decals off
    31.97%
    Just pinstripping
    9.52%
    Nothing at all
    38.78%

Re: Decals on or off of vehicle

I put decals on, but with some asterisks. They have to be kept up well, no half way put on, half way peeling off ones. They have to be nice looking and be placed on the glass/paint properly. I don't particularly care for pin striping, too old school in my opinion. Also they're has to be a limit as to how many are on the car, after 4-5 it gets kinda pointless.

Just my opinion...

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I tend to prefer the "clean" look. That is, if there are any decals, they must be classy, such as sponsorship stickers. I find it disturbing when someone put a sponsors sticker on their car, but in reality, the product isn't even used on their ride.

-nick
      Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Not sure why we are answering a year old poll... but since it is Cobalt, ok...

I dont like decals, or decaled pinstripes. I dont mind graphics and pinstripes, as long as they are paint.

I know there are some nice decals, but not for me.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Not sure why we are answering a year old poll... but since it is Cobalt, ok...

I dont like decals, or decaled pinstripes. I dont mind graphics and pinstripes, as long as they are paint.

I know there are some nice decals, but not for me.
          I agree, it's not for me I guess

Comment

I tend to like decals but not a lot. Right now I have three Spoon Sport stickers and a couple of Mugen ones plus the Fit.Freak.com sticker.
            Well here is a picture:

Cat :x

Comment

i prefer not to have decals on. They fade with the sun. Keep water when it rains and they also keep dust at edges.

Comment

my dad and i took the "318i" and "528i" off our BMWs... looks awesome!

AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
                  i prefer not to have decals on. They fade with the sun. Keep water when it rains and they also keep dust at edges.
                  I agree with you, I hate how decals catch dust and other **** on the edges. Like others, I tend to prefer the 'clean' look. I don't even like the factory logos on my vehicle. Just like those BMW's above, not having the 318i and 528i logos on the car makes the finish look so much sleeker; there's nothing to distract from the paint finish or the beauty of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado12 View Post
                    I agree with you, I hate how decals catch dust and other **** on the edges. Like others, I tend to prefer the 'clean' look. I don't even like the factory logos on my vehicle. Just like those BMW's above, not having the 318i and 528i logos on the car makes the finish look so much sleeker; there's nothing to distract from the paint finish or the beauty of the car.
                    exactly
                    MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
                    FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

Stripped all badging and moulding from my truck. I do have a few decals on the back window though.
                      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I have a few, a couple for parking purposes, and one for my wolfpack. I wont buy the cheap stuff, because it fades, I wont put anything on paint, because it's harder to clean off than glass, and more than four or five just gets rediculous.
                        2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

I took all the sticker(ing) off my truck after I bought it. I ordered it new from the factory and even asked at the time of ordering it if they wouldn't put the "SXT" decal on it at the factory because I didn't want stickers, pinstripping or anything else except paint and the normal badging that goes on the vehicle. They said they would see. I took delivery and sure enough there was the BIG "SXT" decal sitting on both sides of the truck. It took me a few days to find a decal remover and I was a little hesitant to use it on new fresh paint but I finally got up the nerve and it turned out OK. I even took off the dealer stickers off the back. I needed to get the stickers off because I was getting the paint protection package on it and didn't want it put over the stickers. Also, when the prep guys put the dealer stickers on, they left off the first letters so instead of my truck coming from Bartow, FL It came from artow, FL. Also, the name of the dealership was missing it's first letter.

I took everything off and left the chrome plated plastic emblems on, I have no problem with them. I even asked the dealership if they had any more of the old chrome emblems like was on my old Dakota that I bought from them years ago and they said no, they only use the stickers now. I told them I don't want and would not put stickers on my vehicles.

The next day after getting my truck back from getting the paint protection on, there sitting on the back tailgate........The Darned Dealership sticker that I had taken off before. That's OK though. With the paint protection, my 4 year old son had fun pulling off the stickers. They came off real easy and I didn't even have to use the decal remover.

Every vehicle I have ever owned that had pin stripping or stickers of any kind(dealership stickers), they have always faded, cracked and dried up over time. I am the kind of person who keeps a vehicle ntil it pretty much can't be driven anymore. My plan for the truck is to give it to my son on his 16th birthday(he's 4 now) and I'm using Meg's products as I have for years to keep it looking as close to new as the day I bought it.
                          JTMcD.
                          We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

92 Dakota ClubCab 4x2, 08 1500 MegaCab 4x4, 92 Ford Bronco Custom 4x4, 08 Ford Escape 4x2

Comment

I dont have any decals on my car. I would only put one on if it looks nice and clean.

Comment

If it is not on the glass. Its not on the car. Also to be put on the glass it has to be in a out of the way place. Not in my field of vision.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');