• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decals on or off of vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decals on or off of vehicles

How many of you would put decals on or keep them off your vehicle's?
    Decals on
    16.11%
    Decals off
    39.60%
    Just pinstripping
    9.40%
    Nothing at all
    34.90%
    Last edited by JG_Detailing; Apr 10, 2007, 01:33 PM.

Re: Decals on or off of vehicles

For me it depends on the decals and the car or truck.
    Scott

Comment

For me it's decals off. I think a car is just a bit cleaner without them. I only have had 1 sticker on my car and that was to show my support for the police. I never got a ticket while that was on my vehicle. May not have been the reason, but it works for me.

Comment

As far as on the paint; just pinstriping. I would not be adverse to applying a decal to the inside of a window for the world to see.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

for me my cars aren't comic books or billboards, i don't want nothing touching my paint but MEGUIARS and a great shine!
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Just on the glass for me.
            You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

On all three of the cars we have Cal Poly SLO (San Luis Obispo) window decals because that's where my brother goes to college. On the Jeep and Ford I put the Meguiar's Online Logo's that Shawn made on the windows. The Ford also has a Meguiar's decal from ADS on the windows. Then the Jeep has a Meguiar's logo on the rear door panel...but hey it looks cool!!

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

For me, decals are okay as long as they are few and small. In other words, a small decal in the side windows is okay, like for a Car Club you're in or something. Advertising for companies who's parts you have installed on your car is pretty stupid in my opinion, unless your sponsored. Either way I would avoid it. Pin stripes were cool back in the day, when people believed adding the stripe made the car look more "fancy," but now, at least to me... they look tacky. I'd rather see the clean body lines of whatever car than stare at a stripe along the edge of the car. Just my $0.02!!
                --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Sure, pinstriping is normal, but one peeve that most would agree is when dealers put their stupid stickers on. That's ridiculous and unless they pay me to advertise off they come. That said, any superfluous adorments depends on the owners taste with respect to their ride. In example, my ride, unless its white, which it is, or black, any other shade would diminish its character immensely.

Comment

Sure, pinstriping is normal, but one peeve that most would agree is when dealers put their stupid stickers on. That's ridiculous and unless they pay me to advertise off they come. That said, any superfluous adorments depends on the owners taste with respect to their ride. In example, my ride, unless its white, which it is, or black, any other shade would diminish its character immensely.

Comment

I even remove the badges and name plates.
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
                        for me my cars aren't comic books or billboards, i don't want nothing touching my paint but MEGUIARS and a great shine!
                        SYDSTER

Comment

I perfer the clean look of no decals!

Comment

Coming form a mustang perspective---

Only decals are small single colors in windows, preferably removable glass stickers.
                            Side "rocker panel" pinstrips are alright.
                            Large center racing stripes bumper to bumper are cheap to install as decals, but I would never do it. To cheap if you ask me and would have a higher chance of looking tacky.

Comment

I would not use them on my car i don't mind the looks of cars that have some decals. decals most of the time have some dust at edges.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');