• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't I attach a picture to my message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I attach a picture to my message?

Why can't I attach a picture to my message?

I tried to post a photo of an area on my car, it says this in posting rules"

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments <<<< why????

You may edit your posts

I can't see a reason for this, I was logged in at the times I tried to post the photo in my thread
    1982 regal limited "BLACKMAIL"( just your typical 550 hp v8 regal )
    1989 Chevy 1500 Suburban(new tow rig/daily driver)
    jeff wecker, abilene,kansas

Re: why can't I post attachments???

Originally posted by QUIK1982REGAL View Post
    I tried to post a photo of an area on my car, it says this in posting rules"

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments <<<< why????

You may edit your posts

I can't see a reason for this, I was logged in at the times I tried to post the photo in my thread

This should help a little, the photos are of the old message board but it basically works the same, there just a different look to the forum now.

How to put pictures into your messages

Does that help?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: why can't I post attachments???

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      This should help a little, the photos are of the old message board but it basically works the same, there just a different look to the forum now.

How to put pictures into your messages

Does that help?

It's all explained in the thread linked to above.

It has to do with problems caused over long periods of time. Meguiar's has been around for over 100 years and there's no reason to think this forum won't be around for that long into the future and for this reason if we're going to have pictures in threads we want to do it right the first time.

We understand why people like the "Attach File" option because it's quick and easy, (Heck I like that!), but it causes problems with huge data bases over time and when someone posts a message about their Red 1965 Mustang

We don't want to see a Blue AMC Pacer displayed in the thread...

Meguiar's is in this for the long run... and sometimes that means doing things right the first time and doing things right the first time is to maintain a separate database for photos and control the hosting or the server they're on.

That leads to another topic and thats when people host their photos on places like Photobucket and insert a link to their photos on ANY forum and then later delete the photo off Photobucket which then leaves a RED X everywhere on the Internet they included a link to that picture. We have plenty of red x's on this forum for that reason.

So we prefer that if people want to share a photo on our forum that they take the time to learn how to upload their photo into their gallery space and then link to it in their message.

Takes a little time in the beginning if you've never done this before but once you learned how to upload a photo into our gallery then doing it again is a cinch.

Thanks for understanding...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Why can't I attach a picture to my message?

I guess you need more browsing and exploration on the forum
        to know more how to use some of the features..
        I know some are difficult but it's just a matter of giving it a time...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');