• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilmour Foam Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gilmour Foam Gun

I just got my Pinnacle Half a Gallon Foam Gun. Question I have is do yall dilute the soap in the reservoir ? Or do yall just put the soap in the reservoir and let the water coming out the hose just mix it?

Comment

To me, the soap seems pretty thick to get through there easily, so I dilute it down to make sure it flows easily.

If you have the model with the brass adjuster rod, you can put 4oz of soap in the reservoir, and use the highest setting (biggest hole), and get about the 128:1 that is recommended.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

how long should the foam be allowed to stay on the surface of the car in order to maximize the dirt loosening benefits?

Comment

Well, for the best chance of loosening, you could wait till it is going to start drying on the surface.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6VPPNC0oM this is how a foam gun can be effectively used

Comment

Originally posted by KidDetailer View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6VPPNC0oM this is how a foam gun can be effectively used
              Awesome, Great link KiddDetailer, I was just about to posted that same video or the other one where he uses the R8 NightHawk. But Everyone this guy is truly talented and knows alot of techniques. He's also now on the Drive//

Comment

The video uses the foam gun in an unconventional way that doesn't exploit the primary advantage of using foam versus a non-foaming auto soap, which is that the foam stays wetter longer, enabling the dirt to be lifted with less force/friction/scratching.

Comment

Washing your car has been a Sunday morning tradition for every car fanatic since the day they got their learners permit. Over the years of maintaining some o...

Here you go guys this is the correct way to use it. Not only does he show the proper way to use the foam gun, he shows the proper way of how to wash the entire vehicle. And the great thing is this is just a "basic wash" imagine his extensive washes.

Comment

Thanks for posting another AMMO product advertisement; however, for a video showing the ad-free, unaffiliated, proper use of the foam gun, search You Tube for Junk Man Foam Gun Part 3.

Comment

Just so that you know, he's great friends with Meguiars and buddies with some high Meguiar's members on here. And so that you aware his motto that he uses is, "use whatever brand you like just use it often"

Comment

I think for average people, that would be using a bit more soap than needed. but for a delicate paintr, more soap/lubrication is good.

For me, just spraying once over the panel seems to leave enough lubrication.

And if it seem s to need more soap, can easily spray on more anytime.

Comment

Larry at Ammo is one of the few that says fine scratches at the drying stage.
                          Al
                          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Me using a pressure washer and foam cannon, I believe the Foam master with wash mit technique is a very good way to wash the car in the HOT DESERT HEAT.
                            With my Foam cannon, Dwell time varies depending on soap and temperature. It can be annoying to wash a car outside with a time limit because it turns into a race rather than an enjoyment. With the foam master and wash mit technique, the car is kept wet at most times.

Comment

True, there's more than one good way to use a foam gun. If you're in the desert and drying time is critical, that's a whole different situation than we have here in New England in Winter!!

I recently picked up a second, portable foam gun that has a hand-operated pump. It's too cold outside here in Winter to connect the hose, but between washings I have developed a useful touchless procedure that I can use in my garage. I use the portable foam gun to dissolve / loosen up the dirtiest areas near the bottom, then rinse it mostly clean with distilled water from a garden sprayer (so it leaves no spots), letting it run off into a wallpaper trough so it doesn't turn to ice on the garage floor. It's a quick process, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

/Jim F

Comment

I'm going to do a partial take-back on my previous comment... It doesn't get enough of the film off, and spotting is still a problem. Still experimenting. Winter *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');