• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i PC Scratch X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i PC Scratch X?

Is it possible to do? if so is it better than 83 or is it better to do Scratch X by hand and then follow up 83, 80?

Re: Can i PC Scratch X?

Scratch X can be used by hand and PC. You may need to follow up with #80 or #83 only if needed.

Comment

make sure that the scratch-x tube you buy has a yellow star on it and say the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
        Scratch X can be used by hand and PC. You may need to follow up with #80 or #83 only if needed.
        How far would a tube go? How much to do a small car? Large car/SUV?Would you need to use the same amount of 83? Use 8006 pad? Work til abrasive breaks down, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejay View Post
          How far would a tube go? How much to do a small car? Large car/SUV?Would you need to use the same amount of 83? Use 8006 pad? Work til abrasive breaks down, or what?
          Tube should last awhile. At least a few vehicles.

I am not sure which pad to use as I work by hand and don't have a DA. From what I have seen though you generally will need to only apply a a small circular amount of product on the pad per section which is 2x2, I think.
          make sure that the scratch-x tube you buy has a yellow star on it and say the new version.
          Good catch!

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejay View Post
            Yes, use the 8006 pad and you will be set!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
              Where would the star be? My tube has a star and the words "clearcoat safe" are inside the star.

Comment

Here is a picture of the New Scratch-X.

Silverfish, that is the right one.
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Is it worthed to use scratch x on the really bad scratches and then follow up wit 83 and 80 or will 83 do the same job as scratch x?

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                    Here is a picture of the New Scratch-X.

Silverfish, that is the right one.

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');