• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping NXT

On the weekend I took Mike's advice and did a test on topping NXT. Previous to his post my new spring procedure was goint to be clay ,#80 , NXT, and Collinte 845.
    After his post I only did half the hood and one fender with the Collinite. Surprisingly I didnt notice any more depth or shine like I thought I would.
    I will have to wait to see about the longevity but I'm glad I tested it as I thought I would see a big improvement.
    thanks Mike

Re: Topping NXT

I just finished my spring full blown detail on my ebony black Sonata...wash, clay, #80, NXT liquid topped with #21...don't know if it will look better than just #21 or just NXT cuz it's getting dark now and I'll have to wait till morning to see it in the daylight...under the flourescents in the garage she looked awesome....long day for sure...and that's after doing my Van yesterday ...anyone else have experience using these products (NXT / #21) in combination ??
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

In the past I have always stayed with 2 coats of the same product... last weekend I topped NXT Paste with #26, sure enough it did give a different look, #26 seemed to give my black truck more a deeper darker black look. I am sold!

In the end its all personal preference!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

nxt is a great wax, no need to top another wax above nxtm but if you want a diferent look topping nxt wuth 26 is the way to go

Comment

I just topped #21 with #26, Ilove that look. Like was said earlier, it all personal preference.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I put the #21 on first because it is longer lasting. Then I top with the NXT Paste. Looks great!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
              I put the #21 on first because it is longer lasting. Then I top with the NXT Paste. Looks great!

RamAirV1
              I kinda thought about that after I was done...next time I'll switch the order and see what it looks like...

UPDATE: here's what she looked like this morning...very nice (IMHO)...not super bright sun but looks great in person...

Last edited by TKDDAD; Apr 23, 2007, 07:08 AM. Reason: ADDED PICTURES
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');