• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0000 steel wool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0000 steel wool

Take a 9 volt battery to that steel wool.

Interesting though. I personally would rather use a microfiber or terry cloth on chrome though. It is, afterall, paint, so treat it as you would the rest of the paint on your car. My $0.02

Comment

Just my 2 cents I only use steel wool "0000" on bad NON PAINTED metal parts because metal trim or chome is metal...steel is metal... Chrome has just been removed of stuff to make it shine so chrome is metal still...Get it? Degreasers wont get off some CAKED on water spots or whatever and that is what steel wool "0000" is used for. The chrome I used it on... Was my mom's car chrome rims and because of BAD water spotting I used steel wool "0000" I noticed Webbing after but it was only in the sun when you would look at it REAL close and I wasn't sure if it was there before or because my parents got the car washed at the hand wash place. However the webbing went away when I used all metal polish. Thats why its important to use metal polish after ALWAYS.

As for glass, when I worked at a body shop the owner told me to use it to get off over spray on glass only on the OUTSIDE because it wont scratch glass. I didn't notice any scratching when the light hit it.

What I have noticed is people forget what steel wool "0000" is used for, water spots and caked on stuff on bare metal... if your exhaust has black gunky stuff then steel wool "0000" obviously wouldn't be the tool. You see what I mean? How could something made to remove hard water stains and surface contaminates be a scratch remover? Dang I should make a write up about it...

Comment

ya, i used it to get of rust and oxidation, i am happy with it.

Comment

well do a write up on removing scratches from chrome later on today when i get home from work , sorry guys been busy!
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
            well do a write up on removing scratches from chrome later on today when i get home from work , sorry guys been busy!
            I look forward in reading it!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I used steel wool to clean my stainless steel exhaust; looks MUCH better!! Of course, that's not chrome though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');