• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time user of NXT Speed Detailer (Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time user of NXT Speed Detailer (Review)

Hello all,

I have been using Quik Detailer for a long time now, and decided to give NXT Generation Speed Detailer. I definitely noticed a difference in the liquid, Quik Detailer is much thiner and Speed Detailer is thicker and slicker. I like the smell of both, but like Speed Detailer better.

Both are very easy applications, no difference there. I have to say that Speed Detailer leaves a much glossier and slicker surface then Quik Detailer.

Alright, enough blabbering and on to the pictures...

You know, camera work requires concentration

Couldn't decide which picture was better so I posted both...

The hood has a lot of reflection...

Overall, I am very pleased with this product, great work Meguiar's!!

Thanks for looking!!
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Re: First time user of NXT Speed Detailer (Review)

Great write up!

I have a bottle of NXT Speed Detailer but have only used it a handful of times it is similar to Last Touch in that it adds to the gloss, I like both products for that reason.

Is that a dent in the van???
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      Is that a dent in the van???
      Yea, don't even get me started...lol

First month we had it, we got all new tile, carpet and paint in our house...everything was moved to the garage. At the time my brother had a all metal bunk bed (see where this is going lol). We had disassembled it into a bunch of pieces and my mom accidentally knocked one over into the side and thats the story. I am afraid to have her get it fixed because its pretty deep and I don't know what would happen to the paint.

Were going to sell it soon hopefully though, and thats the only dent, scratch you name it, thats the only one.

Thanks for the comments!!
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Looks great! Thanks for the photos.

And a big thumbs up for using a tripod!
        Scott

Comment

That dent really takes away from the look of the car. You should fix it before you sell it. You should get a new 330i convertible yea!! Good Job
          1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
          1994 BMW 325CI
          2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
          SR Detailing

Comment

Looks fantastic! I have a bottle that I have yet to try. I'll give the Civic a shot of it this weekend and do the full exterior detail on my wife's Camry.

I wouldn't fix a dent to sell a car to someone else. Like you say, you never know what the result will be. Let the new owner or a dealer take that chance. The paint care most certainly offsets any minus-points for that one dent.

Comment

Great Work! Really looks good! I have to get a bottle or two soon.
              SYDSTER

Comment

Your ride looks great, and NXT QD is what I use after each wash to take care of any water spots that I missed when I dried off my MkV GTI. Keep up the good work.
                ---
                Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Sorry about the dent. Your van looks great. thanks for the pics.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

I was on the fence as to which product to get but, thanks to this write up, I will go with the Speed Detailer.

One question though...can Speed Detailer work with clay too? I assume so but I am curious.

Comment

Yes, you can use Speed Detailer with clay.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                        Yes, you can use Speed Detailer with clay.
                        Thank you.

Comment

NXT Speed Detailer is one of my favorite Meguiar's products! IMHO that is a home run for them! Last Touch is very similar and you can save some money if you are going to use large quantities. FYi, the NXT Speed Detailer works very well with #21 too!

I would use Quik Detailer or Final Inspection for claying. It is economical and may work a little better with the clay. Some detailers feel that NXT, Last Touch, and Final detail are a little bit too slick to use with the clay. You could always dilute them with water if you think they are too slick though.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

So, with #21 do you need to let it cure or can it be applied right after waxing, to remove any remaining dust and fingerprints?

I was thinking I'd try it after the next wash. I was pretty well satisfied with the 21 wiping off and didn't do a final touch.

Comment

Originally posted by HagFan View Post
                              So, with #21 do you need to let it cure or can it be applied right after waxing, to remove any remaining dust and fingerprints?

I was thinking I'd try it after the next wash. I was pretty well satisfied with the 21 wiping off and didn't do a final touch.
                              You should let any LSP, including #21, cure for 24 hrs if possible before using any QD. In warmer weather, like 70 degrees, most LSPs will cure more quickly.

RamAirV1
                              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');